Italy v England

andykeenan

That sick feeling again. Had it last summer when watching Italy beats us in Manaus. 

I am shaking my head, just marveling at the ridiculousness of our Euro fixtures. Who cares how much we beat Lithuania? We still suck when we face real competition.

And then comes Townsend lol.

Edited by Plastic Man

Townsend reminds me of one of my mates I used to play pes with when I was younger. Its like the pass button is broken on his controller.

But 1 of his 9 shots a half will go in the top corner?

His England performances from what I can remember was out on the right, cut inside, rinse and repeat, with glen johsnson behind him doing exactly the same, itv loving it because he was attacking everyone else realising that vs a well versed team they'd eat him alive

Can't wait to see what's written about him tomorrow, scored a cracker, showed some great pace but has to do better on the cross, other than that he's hardly touched the ball, arise sir andros...waiting for itv to give him MOTM and claim he changed the game

Rooney echoing exactly what I was thinking. Carrick was fantastic when he came on. What an underrated player, criminally overlooked by England over the years.

IMO you can only play him in a 3 and we stuck with a 2 for far too long, another good player who missed out because we were shoehorning in the golden generation

• Like 1

Townsend reminds me of one of my mates I used to play pes with when I was younger. Its like the pass button is broken on his controller.

His England performances from what I can remember was out on the right, cut inside, rinse and repeat, with glen johsnson behind him doing exactly the same, itv loving it because he was attacking everyone else realising that vs a well versed team they'd eat him alive

Can't wait to see what's written about him tomorrow, scored a cracker, showed some great pace but has to do better on the cross, other than that he's hardly touched the ball, arise sir andros...waiting for itv to give him MOTM and claim he changed the game

Hang on, please correct me, you are saying Townsend didn't change the game?

Hang on, please correct me, you are saying Townsend didn't change the game?

I thought we'd taken the bull by the horns already by then

Can see us bidding for Townsend in the summer.

Wouldn't be a disaster though would it, I think he's an excellent player.

That's an extremely loose application of the word. He's decent at best.

• Like 2

Can see us bidding for Townsend in the summer.

Wouldn't be a disaster though would it, I think he's an excellent player.
That's an extremely loose application of the word. He's decent at best.
He's better than what we've got.

I think you'd be talking £15m and around £60-80k a week for him, spurs with no real reason to cash in on him, I think you could do better with the money

Spurs could then stick about another £5m in and go buy depay, plays a similar way from what I've seen (maybe higher up) pace down the wings, looks to cut in and shoot and scores a fair few goals more

Edited by villa4europe

Â