Italy v England

andykeenan

Not his first season but Bent got 24 league goals in the 09/10 season and got barely any attention at all, which was probably one of the reasons why he didn't go to South Africa.

Can't understand why everyone's giving Kane so much shit, he's done well, is likable and FFS, it's nice to have a player that's desperate to play for our country.

It's not so much him but the constant media wankfest that is all out of proportion.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Kane has 19 in 26 appearances. So far.

You're just helping to prove my point there.

villa4europe - no I think I got it. If the point was what you are suggesting why not use players that made it but were STILL not quite "good enough" for the media? Players like Beckham, Rooney, Cole?

for Spurs though. How many would he get for a newly promoted team or a mid table low scoring team like Villa like Bent and Carroll did in 1st Premier League season

If Kane grabs 20 goals next season I will start to believe the hype (and I do think he is talented as it is)

Edited by Zatman

I was pretty happy with Roy's selection for the Lithuania game . . . only change I would have made was Gibbs instead of Baines. 

It's fair to say I'm less enamoured with this teamsheet, ye gods. Is Phil Jones our Pirlo?

Walcott starts, well deserved start he's been playing amazing for arsenal :lol:

not

ITV drawing comparisons between Beckham captaining England for the first time and Harry Kane starting for the first time, they are really clutching for straws to hype this game up.

Edited by Bradd92

Uruguay all over again with Jagielka getting nowhere near tight enough. He truly is horrendous.

As for the Phil Jones in midfield comment, nevermind the fact he got completely done by a player not known for his attacking ability. He can't pass, even by normal CB standards he is very poor,

I count

Jones

Henderson

Walcott

Delph

Rooney

5 players (half a team) who, IMO, are out of position. And people wonder why we look lost against decent opposition.

Edited by av1

Yes.

A winger up top, a forward in midfield, a very limited CB in midfield.

I don't think Henderson or Delph are being played to their capabilities. Energy, drive, going beyond people. Neither of them is playing their game.

2 forwards who have barely seen the football.

I am all for experimenting but give the lads a fricking chance Roy.

....and I think we all see now why Walcott hasn't been getting game time since coming back from injury. Million miles off the pace even in a friendly.

Dreadful, hopefully with Carrick on we might improve and actually get some crosses in for Kane. Oh Clyne does not look international class. Get Walker on and get some pace down the right

Edited by PaulC

Â