Steve "Fistface" Bruce

Demitri_C

• 1 month later...

I saw his interview yesterday and this guy looks dangerously ill.

The withdrawn eyes, the red cheeks. The man needs to get himself sorted sharpish.

It can't all be down to the pressure of the job.

I noticed that. His face was a strange blotchy red/pink colour. Didn't look too healthy.

I think thats a bit ott. Red cheeks could be a sign of high blood pressure but that can easily be sorted. Yes he's overweignt weight puts him more at risk to diabetes, cancers and heart attacks.. 

Really not looking good at all, I guess he gets a medical similar to those the players get so you'd have to assume he isn't about to have a massive heart attack despite looking like one.

A far cry from his playing days when he was voted the football leagues sexiest player

steve-bruce400166-1106490.jpg

His teams always get worse when he spends serious money. Look at his time at SHA, did an excellent job establishing them in the prem and then started blowing 6m on the likes of Heskey and the team spirit evaporated and they went down.

Same probably would've happened at Sunderland although in fairness there he lost Bent, Welbeck and Gyan all within 6 months and simply couldn't replace those goals.

6m of the money has been spent on Snodgrass who has missed the whole season so he's been very unlucky there as he was probably Norwich's best player the season before. 

Heskey was good for Blues I think. 

Edited by PaulC

Yeah he really needs to take a break from football he doesnt look too good

I think it won't be long before a break from football is enforced on him, as he will no doubt be sacked if/when Hull are relegated. Hull look pretty doomed to me, I know things strange things happen in football, but I can't see how they will get out of the mess they're in in the final game of the season. Newcastle are Hull's only hope in my opinion, but West Ham seemed to have stopped playing about 3 months ago, so I think Newcastle will get what they need from that game although it would be hilarious if Newcastle did go down.

6m of the money has been spent on Snodgrass who has missed the whole season so he's been very unlucky there as he was probably Norwich's best player the season before. 

Heskey was good for Blues I think. 

4 goals in his last season with them, he was a woeful signing. teams like that need a goalscorer for that 6million fee

I've warmed to Steve Bruce over the years (notwithstanding his Blues connections and those criminally and heartbreakingly late goals he scored against Sheffield Wednesday). He seems like a decent bloke.

I hope they stay up.... but think that has more to do with the fact that I really want Newcastle to go down.

I've warmed to Steve Bruce over the years (notwithstanding his Blues connections and those criminally and heartbreakingly late goals he scored against Sheffield Wednesday). He seems like a decent bloke.

I hope they stay up.... but think that has more to do with the fact that I really want Newcastle to go down.

omg that was such a heartbreaker. i think we were top at the time and played out a 0-0 draw with spurs and then we heard at the ground that it was still 1-0 to Wednesday. Two goals in injury time and that was how Fergy time originated. 

omg that was such a heartbreaker. i think we were top at the time and played out a 0-0 draw with spurs and then we heard at the ground that it was still 1-0 to Wednesday. Two goals in injury time and that was how Fergy time originated. 

I think it was Coventry, mate. Then United beat Coventry on easter Monday and I think we drew. Our title challenge fell apart from there.

Yes of course you're right. I get mixed up with that game and the spurs one as they both ended 0-0

It looked like we we could win the title but as you say it all fell apart after easter and i think United won it by 10 pts in the end which didn't seem fair

Edited by PaulC

Â