Steve "Fistface" Bruce

Demitri_C

I've met Bruce a number of times as he lives by me and he is a friend of a mate of mine. Like Stevo posted, his attitude is that after 20 years of watching what he ate and drank he doesn't give a damn nowadays.

Last time i saw him my mates son asked him why his nickname was potato head - Bruce wasn't best pleased!

• Like 4

Most pointless thread on VT.

Most pointless post ever on VT

if you dont like it skip to next topic simples

it exactly does raise a point that when footballers retires they do tend to ballon in weight. razor ruddock for example

being over weight and being a manager screaming down the touchline really cannot be good for your health

• Like 1

it exactly does raise a point that when footballers retires they do tend to ballon in weight. razor ruddock for example

being over weight and being a manager screaming down the touchline really cannot be good for your health

I thought he meant it as a compliment. I am so thick! 

I don't it's just us, those pics have done the rounds on twitter on LADbible and all that rubbish, paddy power have been very close to the wire on some of the stuff they say about him, I'd expect once England is out the way and normality resumes a couple of proper journos will say something about how worrying his weight looks

Can you imagine what a story it would be if he dropped down dead while still in charge? Or had a heart attack on the touch line?

I really doubt this is true or significant enough to raise the point when comparing %'s to the general public obesity problems. Just seems a "yeh he got old and hes fat", his life, sure hes got private medical care, why should i care?

Edited by gharperr

I am actually  B)

(just kidding, I agree. This thread is like OK magazine or something)

No it's a discussion of obesity among former professional footballers and also concern for managers who are in high pressure jobs with quite obvious risks of heart disease. 

fredrikljungberg-soccer-photos-03112009-

And here's a picture of Freddie Ljungberg? Many people from Sweden have coeliac disease. Can people with coeliac disease play professional football?

jokes aside it just makes you hope a houllier style haeart attack doenst happen, as not just fistface but a lot of managers these days are over weight and the pressure of the job must do damage to the body

• Like 1

jokes aside it just makes you hope a houllier style haeart attack doenst happen, as not just fistface but a lot of managers these days are over weight and the pressure of the job must do damage to the body

Alright alright

I am actually  B)

No it's a discussion of obesity among former professional footballers and also concern for managers who are in high pressure jobs with quite obvious risks of heart disease. 

No it isn't, it's just gossipy fat-shaming shite. 

I am actually  B)

No it isn't, it's just gossipy fat-shaming shite. 

And my Ljungberg picture didn't have a lot to do with rates of coeliac disease in Sweden.

• Like 2

Â