Travel Plans

Kingman

My son and I are on one of the official coaches - £30 for me and £20 for him which is a bit steep but probably the easiest way to get there. Only problem is the 8am departure from VP, we will be there by 11am including a stop I am guessing.

What's the best tube station to park at when coming down the m40?

Hillingdon is where I'm going. West Ruislip is another that is commonly used I think. Hope that helps!

Thanks

There is quite a bit of road parking at Hillingdon too. I'm not sure if car parking at a station / stop is free on a Sunday either.

What's the best tube station to park at when coming down the m40?

I'll fly the company flag, but you could do a lot worse than Beaconsfield ( HP9 2PJ on your sat nav).   It's less than two miles from Junction 2 of the M40 (pretty much where it meets the M25) it's got a big car park and has a fast direct service to Wembley Stadium.  

Dunno what time you plan to head to the game, but there is a list of departures from Beaconsfield to Wembley here which you can move an hour either way by clicking the buttons at the top. 

Departures back from Wembley Stadium to Beaconsfield can be found here. Again, you can dick around with the times by clicking the buttons at the top.    There may even be additional trains which aren't in the public timetable, we tend to do that when games are on at Wembley. 

Im going down on train from Moor St just wondering how far is the Stafium from the Wembley Stadium station,I know it might sound daft to ask but taking my 4 year old and I think I might have a few piggy backs the lazy bugger.

It's about half the distance that Villa Park is from Witton.  Maybe less. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

What's the chances of getting a seat on the Chiltern trains from Moor Street tomorrow morning?

Depends on what time.   We've got a departure every 15-20 minutes at breakfast time so there should be plenty of trains, but I expect Moor Street to be absolutely rammed if the crowds the Blues took to Wembley for the league cup final are anything to go by.    

Just because: 

1] Moor Street -  08:25  Wembley Stadium 10:08  London Marylebone 10:21

2] Moor Street - 08:40 Wembley Stadium 10:36 London Marylebone 10:49  (Timed to be a class 165. "commuter" train with no tables. Only calls at Solihull, Wembley and London but it's not the most comfortable train in the world.)

3] Moor Street 08:55 Wembley Stadium 10:41 London Marylebone 10:53

4] Moor Street 09:15 Wembley Stadium 10:59 London Marylebone 11:11

5] Moor Street 09:35 Wembley Stadium 11:20 London Marylebone 11:36 (Another class 165. No tables/wifi/plug sockets)

6] Moor Street 09:55 Wembley Stadium 11:29 London Marylebone 11:43 (I'm driving this one. Come say hello! :flag:

7] Moor Street 10:15 Wembley Stadium 11:57 London Marylebone 12:14

8] Moor Street 10:35 Wembley Stadium 12:26 London Marylebone 12:47 (Class 165. Again, I don't particularly like being a passenger on these things)

9] Moor Street 10:55 Wembley Stadium 12:46 London Marylebone 13:03

10] Moor Street 11:15 Wembley Stadium 13:07 London Marylebone 13:22

After that it goes to the "usual" timetable of XX:55 and XX:15 departures from Moor Street.   The 13:15 is the last one which stops at Wembley Stadium (arrives 15:06) but the 12:55 is the last one you can catch to get to the ground before kick off.  It's a very short walk from the station to the stadium, up some stairs and across a road.  

If you are going into central London before the game then from about 11:30 onwards there is a train every 10-15 minutes from London Marylebone to Wembley Stadium.  10 minutes station to station which is quite a bit faster than the tube (Jubilee/Metropolitan lines from Baker Street is the most common way to get there) and Wembley Stadium station is closer to the stadium than Wembley Park.  You get to walk down Wembley Way if you go on the tube though.   Wembley Central (from Euston) is a good 20 minute walk to the stadium, mostly down hill. 

• Like 1

My son and I are on one of the official coaches - £30 for me and £20 for him which is a bit steep but probably the easiest way to get there. Only problem is the 8am departure from VP, we will be there by 11am including a stop I am guessing.

I'm on one of the official coaches too, i thought the price was quite reasonable due to the lack of hassle involved lol.

Â