England v Lithuania Euro 2016 Qualifier

andykeenan

Bloody Rooney,

Delph plays so different for England than he does Villa, barely ever see him driving forward taking on players

Neither does Henderson, seems to play inside himself. Whether it is instructions or mentality who knows.

Both players at their clubs drive forward, try to get shots off, make things happen. They just seem to be very placid in an England shirt.

2-0 but it's been pretty dire stuff. Carrick, Henderson and Delph. Yawn. You need more against pub teams like this.

Why is Welbeck playing again? He's so poor

Created the first and scored the second. Yep.

Top scorer in the qualifiers so far too.  Six goals. 

Bloody Rooney,

Delph plays so different for England than he does Villa, barely ever see him driving forward taking on players

Neither does Henderson, seems to play inside himself. Whether it is instructions or mentality who knows.

Both players at their clubs drive forward, try to get shots off, make things happen. They just seem to be very placid in an England shirt.

2-0 but it's been pretty dire stuff. Carrick, Henderson and Delph. Yawn. You need more against pub teams like this.

Hodgson has always been an fairly defensive coach, Hendo and Delph being this defensive isn't a big shocker.

Kane not starting just sums up Hodgson

He's a coward. How can the premier league top scorer not get in the England starting 11?

You really think Roy is too scared to play Kane, at Wembley, against Lithuania???

Not talking specifically about the decision not to play Kane.

He's a coward. How can the premier league top scorer not get in the England starting 11?

You really think Roy is too scared to play Kane, at Wembley, against Lithuania???

I wouldn't say scared, just shows a complete lack of imagination and willingness to try something different 

I wouldn't say scared, just shows a complete lack of imagination and willingness to try something different

I was talking about Hodgson in general, not specifically about the decision not to play Kane.

Why would he need to though?  It's a qualifier, we need the points, we are winning 2-0 and have hit the woodwork twice so it's not like we don't look like scoring. Bring Kane on for his debut 15-20 into the second half, have the crowd give him a standing ovation as he comes onto the pitch and he will feel ten feet tall.  

Luckily Sterling scores a minute later to deflect from an absolutely awful dive from Wellbeck.  Embarrassing to dive at the best of times, but against this lot? Don't mate. Not in an England shirt. 

• Like 1

I was talking about Hodgson in general, not specifically about the decision not to play Kane.

We've won every game though. Whilst I think Kane has done excellent I don't think a good manager just discards the forwards who have won him the games so far.

Â