Mesut Ozil for Ballon D’Or

Straggler

Yeah but the pundits/journos in this country seem to have some sort of agenda against him and continue to ignore that he's been one of Arsenal's better players since returning from injury.

Been pretty underwhelmed by him tbh since he's coming here. He's been a non factor for them in the big games which is surely what Arsenal signed him for, to make a difference in those.

That and I'm not sure him and Alexis can function in the same team with both playing to their best, Ozil is getting shunted out wide again.

But ozil isnt getting shunned out wide because of Alexis? Its because Cazorla/Ramsey. Ozil and sanchez are fine together. Problem is youre always going to have ozil or cazorla playing in wide position when ramsey is playing (which is a must) where one of them will always get criticized because the media will compare their performances playing LW with what they can do in CAM

Him being injured was probably best thing for him. Looked like he needed some kind of break for a while. He was pretty bad for the whole of 2014 for them.

Also the performance against Monaco where their defence decided to go aids  and giroud missing 1billion chances shouldnt be blamed on ozil imo

Edited by gharperr

Huh? They dont play 442. They still play 4-2-3-1 with the 3 just mostly all roaming. (usually). welbeck got instantly moved out wide when giroud came back fit

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11494432/Mesut-Ozils-critics-are-ignoring-the-low-key-genius-of-Arsenals-crucial-player.html

someone just randomy linked me this so thought i would link here

Edited by gharperr

Yeah but the pundits/journos in this country seem to have some sort of agenda against him and continue to ignore that he's been one of Arsenal's better players since returning from injury.

the English media always for some reason always have a pop at Arsenal whenever they can

Huh? They dont play 442. They still play 4-2-3-1 with the 3 just mostly all roaming. (usually). welbeck got instantly moved out wide when giroud came back fit

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11494432/Mesut-Ozils-critics-are-ignoring-the-low-key-genius-of-Arsenals-crucial-player.html

someone just randomy linked me this so thought i would link here

Yes but my point was that with both Giroud and Welbeck playing theres not room for Ramsey and Ozil unless they drop Cazorla

They think his touch is poor, his passing sloppy, his finishing very suspect, just makes the wrong decisions all the time.

I'm not a huge fan of Walcott either and you equally could apply some of those to him but he was stepping it up there before his bad injury. 

My Arsenal mates say he's been better but still having shit games and making stupid overcomplicated passes.

I don't think there's an agenda, just that he's been awful for at least 2/3 of his Arsenal career and they paid outrageous money for him.

• Like 1

Some of the criticism is certainly legitimate but a lot of it is now based on a narrative irrespective of his performances. For example he continues to be slammed as "lazy"when all the stats prove that to be nonsence. He is often given a low rating for the games he has played well in etc.

Some of the criticism is certainly legitimate but a lot of it is now based on a narrative irrespective of his performances. For example he continues to be slammed as "lazy"when all the stats prove that to be nonsence. He is often given a low rating for the games he has played well in etc.

A massive amount of his movement is off the ball and lazy pundits don't see it.

• Like 1

Most of their fans don't rate him from looking at one of their forums, they're rather Walcott started games again as he's been underused since he came back which is probably to do with his contract negotiations.

Walcott and contract negotiations AGAIN. **** me...

He only signed a 3 year deal last time so yes it's running out again although this time he isn't really a key player for Arsenal anymore.

Still with their lack of homegrown players I'm sure Man. City would take him. Liverpool also get linked frequently aswell. A player for me who's had some good spells but never really met the hype of when he was coming through at Southampton.

Â