Charlie Austin

Villan4Life

Ings will be the hot property that Spurs and Liverpool will be fighting it out for with the loser going for Austin even if they arnt quite similar players. Maybe throw in Jay Rodriguez if he can prove any fitness before the end of the season. 

Cant imagine we will have enough money for any of them.

Saw the title thread and came on to declare that Sherwood has lost the plot. Happily I just had a senior moment and thought we were linked with the fat prat from Stoke, memory's of Ian bloody Holloway polluted my mind.

Saw the title thread and came on to declare that Sherwood has lost the plot. Happily I just had a senior moment and thought we were linked with the fat prat from Stoke, memory's of Ian bloody Holloway polluted my mind.

I'd prefer

2573138-six_million_dollar_man___toy_log

I'd prefer

2573138-six_million_dollar_man___toy_log

Only one possible response to that...

stone-cold-steve-austin-300-jpg.jpg

• Like 1

I'd prefer2573138-six_million_dollar_man___toy_log

Only one possible response to that...stone-cold-steve-austin-300-jpg.jpg

It shows my age that I googled 'Steve Austin' expecting to see images of the six million dollar man, instead I saw a big bald bloke and thought who the eck is that!

• Like 1

We could afford him but he'd be overpriced for what he is. He won't come here anyway, and I wouldn't be bothered if we missed out on him. I'd rather we keep trying to unearth gems, but shop in a higher bracket than we were previously, than go down the MON obvious British signings route. It will be interesting to see what Sherwood's signings will be like.

We could afford him but he'd be overpriced for what he is. He won't come here anyway, and I wouldn't be bothered if we missed out on him. I'd rather we keep trying to unearth gems, but shop in a higher bracket than we were previously, than go down the MON obvious British signings route. It will be interesting to see what Sherwood's signings will be like.

When MON went for young English players it worked, so I wouldn't mind us signing another Delph type player. 

I don't mind continuing the Lambert route of shopping for foreign bargains, young british players from the lower league. I liked the principal of that but it can't be our sole option. We need to mix it up by bringing in a couple of established prem players to add the experience so to me players like Austin and Neil Taylor fit that bill.

Yeah I'd class Delph as being a higher bracket of young player when we signed him to the likes of Lowton, Bennett, Westwood etc (although two of those have turned out to be astute signings). Obviously when I say 'unearth gems' I don't mean 'unearth foreign gems' - I just don't think Austin would represent decent value for money. Watch him go to Newcastle and bang in 30 league goals next season now :)

When MON went for young English players it worked, so I wouldn't mind us signing another Delph type player. 

For every Ashley Young was a Nigel Reo-Coker or Curtis Davies

• Like 3

Austin has come through the divisions and his scoring record has been outstanding wherever he has been. He should be in the England squad and we'd be doing well to sign him. Would anticipate he'd cost at least £12m but if we have that sort of money I'd be pleased to see it spent there. Benteke and Austin could be monstrous. 

• Like 1

For every Ashley Young was a Nigel Reo-Coker or Curtis Davies

Reo- Coker was ok, you are right about Davies, but he sold a better younger player and bought him which makes me wonder whether he's better at judging attacking players than defenders. Afterall he was an winger himself. 

I'd have him as a direct replacement for Benteke rather than two play alongside him. If we are to go with a front-two for the foreseeable future then we should invest in a second-striker that plays behind/off the target-man and provides a link to midfield. In a similar fashion to Atlético Madrid's forward partnership of Griezmann and Mandžukić.

• Like 1

That's a complete non story released by an agent, not a single quote, will no doubt either result in him being sold in the summer for more than what he's actually worth or signing a contract for more than he's worth

Still don't have a clue how journalists are allowed to get away with stuff like this

This is the relevant response. There's absolutely no reason to believe there's any truth to the claims in the article. None. 

• Like 1

Â