Pubs

villa4europe

Not sure how many of them are still open around Wembley, will no doubt be having a couple in the Weatherspoons at some point, but i understand that the police close all the local ones after the game so anyone planning on having a pint to celebrate and let the traffic die down wont be able to

black danny doing this again - 

21168_10153222769070917_3353998813548795

• Like 1

Drank around Baker Street then Silverspoons/The Greyhound against Utd

The Swan on the Harrow Rd bout 15/20mins walk for Chelsea (Prob the best pint of Guinness I've had in England!) Then ended up in the Green Mans beer garden. 

The rest was messy and sketchy  :)

Was at Wembley with Walsall on sunday and the pub we had for the Chelsea game has closed down and is boarded up. The Green Man was carnage as the choice of pubs was limited. We ended up in an Irish bar opposite the derelict pub which wasn't great and there's also a no street drinking policy in force.

Edited by Robbie09

Was at Wembley with Walsall on sunday and the pub we had for the Chelsea game has closed down and is boarded up. The Green Man was carnage as the choice of pubs was limited. We ended up in an Irish bar opposite the derelict pub which wasn't great and there's also a no street drinking policy in force.

Would that be a little Irish pub opposite The Greyhound called Mannions? 

I think the greyhound and the mitre has since closed down, Think there is a newish TGI's right next to the stadium with a large bar.

Spoons on baker street, and the pub right opposite baker street is where I go for a lot of England games. Sod all around Wembley really.

The Globe is the pub opposite Baker St

Yeah not bad in there, need to watch out though as in the Houllier season we were away at West Ham on Semi Final day and that pub ended up being for Man City fans only, not sure if they may still apply that??

Not sure how many of them are still open around Wembley, will no doubt be having a couple in the Weatherspoons at some point, but i understand that the police close all the local ones after the game so anyone planning on having a pint to celebrate and let the traffic die down wont be able to

black danny doing this again - 

21168_10153222769070917_3353998813548795

Got my ticket for this.

I was at Wembley with Walsall on Sunday.

The Greyhound has closed down and the pubs in the area are allocated to one set of fans in each one. No idea who decides which fans in which pubs or when this will be known.

I was at Wembley with Walsall on Sunday.

The Greyhound has closed down and the pubs in the area are allocated to one set of fans in each one. No idea who decides which fans in which pubs or when this will be known.

Local pubs maybe designated as to what fans are allocated the East/West Stands, thus to minimise several thousand people crossing paths? 

Just a guess.

Edited by Kingman

• 3 weeks later...

Villa pubs.

Choices , choices ................

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-v-liverpool-villa-9024438

Aston Villa v Liverpool: Villa pubs near Wembley Stadium for the FA Cup semi-final
14:12, 13 April 2015 By Tom Davis
Where to drink if you are an Aston Villa fan heading to Wembley on Sunday

When Aston Villa meet Liverpool in the FA Cup semi-final, fans will no doubt wondering where the nearest pub is to get a bit of dutch courage to calm the nerves.

Villa fans travelling to the FA Cup semi-final have been designated pubs on the west side of Wembley Stadium by the Metropolitan Police.

This is the list of designated pubs that will be available for claret and blue fans looking to soak up the atmosphere around the ground, with Liverpool fans getting the east side.

Â