Pre-match thread

roonst83

Still confuses me when anyone says they'd like to see Sanchez in the lineup. He looks lost on the pitch lately, especially against quality opposition.

how is this confusing? whos going to be better at handling Fellani and his height/strength in midfield...Westwood or sanchez? You adapt and it isnt as simple as "sanchez played bad vs X therefore shouldnt play against Y". Players will play better or worse often depending on the personal of the other team and not just their own ability.

Edited by gharperr

I'm thinking about what minute will I turn off the game, more than whether we'll get a result out of this :lol:

This is a fixture I always write off, especially with our team the way it is. 4-0 loss.

I'd hope to see some variation in tactics for this game and not have sherwood trying to fit players into the 442, if we are drawing the game with 10 minutes to go then please keep it tight and play for the draw. He has lost a couple of points already due to being out thought by opposition managers.

I'd hope to see some variation in tactics for this game and not have sherwood trying to fit players into the 442, if we are drawing the game with 10 minutes to go then please keep it tight and play for the draw. He has lost a couple of points already due to being out thought by opposition managers.

IMO he wasn't out thought, he simply thinks you try and win every game....everyone will have different views on whether that is a good idea ( my view is that it is....sitting tight hasn't done much for us the last year or two for example)....but whatever peoples view I think it has nothing to do with him being caught out.

Likewise I think there are a number of people....not saying you.....who like to say he is tactically naive. Do they really think he knows less about tactics than them ? It isn't a question of tactics, it is a question of philosophy. His is pretty simple, front foot/ pressing football, and again, whether people prefdrvit or not is one thing but it isn't a lack of tactical awareness.

Considering Tuesday's games importance (v QPR)

ManU v ASTON VILLA

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Senderos Lowton

Bacuna

"             Sanchez

"                                   Delph

Gabby          N'Zogbia

"

"             Benteke

(Bacuna switching RM/WB between a 4/5 at the back - Gabby tracking back on right)

ASTON VILLA v QPR

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho (if fit) Richardson (if Ciss not fit) Lowton (Ciss/Rich not fit)

Westwood

Cleverley                        Delph

N'Zogbia

Benteke Gabby

IMO he wasn't out thought, he simply thinks you try and win every game....everyone will have different views on whether that is a good idea ( my view is that it is....sitting tight hasn't done much for us the last year or two for example)....but whatever peoples view I think it has nothing to do with him being caught out.

Likewise I think there are a number of people....not saying you.....who like to say he is tactically naive. Do they really think he knows less about tactics than them ? It isn't a question of tactics, it is a question of philosophy. His is pretty simple, front foot/ pressing football, and again, whether people prefdrvit or not is one thing but it isn't a lack of tactical awareness.

I like that he sets us up to win games but I'd like to see him being capable of setting us up to see out games for a draw if it's late in the game and the other team has been the better side. He is too one dimensional with the 442 from what I have seen so far. Against Swansea he should of took one of the strikers off for a deeper player and tightened things up as they were opening us up with ease.