Pre-match thread

roonst83

We're gonna get pasted, as always. Sherwood had a terrible record against Sky 7 sides last season, and you can see why - we're all about bombing forward quickly and naive but brave passes and all of that stuff. It'll lead to some good results against bottom half sides as we've already seen, but against genuinely good opposition we're going to be found out. They're also in excellent form - haven't lost in the league for about four months or something ridiculous - and have found a balanced side dropping overpriced disappointments like Di Maria and Falcao to the bench. 0-4 unfortunately. 

3-0 defeat. It's United - they have such a huge psychological advantage over us. I'm convinced that they could start with 9 men and still beat us. I honestly cannot think of a team in this league that has a bigger psychological edge over another team than United do over Villa. We have such a miserable record against them with a ton of drubbings, late defeats and throwing leads.

It's just such a depressing fixture.

Edited by Mantis

Actually getting to this, therefore I'm excited :D

I tip my hat off to anyone who does the Manchester aways every season, they're truly the two aways I have no interest in doing every season as I can't imagine two worse places to be at the full time whistle, especially Old Trafford.

At least at Anfield and the Emirates we get wins every other season and occasionaly at Stamford Bridge (along with annual thumpings).

We actually played very well against them for once at VP this season so maybe it won't be psychologically so bad this time given we've had a positive result already this season especially seeing as we had the ridiculous red card given against Gabby so had to see out the last 20 minutes with 10 men.

Of course at that time as he seemed to be doing for the first 6 months LVG was messing about and producing comically unbalanced teams. Hey presto he starts allowing Mata and Herrera to play games and they start winning convincingly.

From that game we played a back 5 and it worked reasonanly well apart from Young taking Lowton to the cleaners so if Vlaar can actually get out of bed without getting injured I'd consider bringing him back and starting him alongside our regular two.

Bacuna has the energy to play right wing back no problem. Think Cissokho and Richardson have both played WB in the past aswell if either are fit.