Pre-match thread

roonst83

Shame we are playing them when they have hit some form, noticed they have struggled greatly to create anything against teams which sit back (Cambridge for one, in the first leg at least). So hopefully can frustrate them and break with pace.

Edited by penguin

Shame we are playing them when they have hit some form, noticed they have struggled greatly to create anything against teams which sit back (Cambridge for one, in the first leg at least). So hopefully can frustrate them and break with pace.

Would be nice to think we'd play smart for this one but I don't see it and I expect us to lose. 

At least Sherwood hasn't been long enough at Villa to be weighed down with all the psychological baggage when we have to play United. Nothing to lose game unless we get hammered 5-0.

Doesn't matter - everyone's aware of the record. It's how United have so consistently had one over on us despite squads and managers changing over the years.

At least Sherwood hasn't been long enough at Villa to be weighed down with all the psychological baggage when we have to play United. Nothing to lose game unless we get hammered 5-0.

Doesn't matter - everyone's aware of the record. It's how United have so consistently had one over on us despite squads and managers changing over the years.

But that's really a kind of magical thinking, isn't it? I never quite buy this thing of club-to-club result records as a predictor of future results. The fact that ManU seems finally to be finding a way to use Mata is more for me the determining factor.

But that's really a kind of magical thinking, isn't it? I never quite buy this thing of club-to-club result records as a predictor of future results. The fact that ManU seems finally to be finding a way to use Mata is more for me the determining factor.

You must be new.

• Like 1

You must be new.

Very.

5dbfb18dce5c99b2f652de4b6eb432fd_large.j

• Like 2

All established Premier League teams have a very poor record vs Man Utd due to the Fergie years, don't get all the crying about being cursed etc.

3-0 sounds about right with Sherwood coming out with "these aren't the matches that will keep us in the league" type cliche. 

• Like 1

well this thread is depressing, can we not have any optimism? I actually think we'll nick a draw from this match and then we'll build from there

I had a dream that we won ... I really did. I am not convinced yet about "the new man u." They still seem a disjointed operation. I think we could stumble into a win. How's that for optimism?

well this thread is depressing, can we not have any optimism? I actually think we'll nick a draw from this match and then we'll build from there

I had a dream that we won ... I really did. I am not convinced yet about "the new man u." They still seem a disjointed operation. I think we could stumble into a win. How's that for optimism?

Why not? Just because they have had 2 good results does not mean they will have a 3rd. If that was the case then they would be a lot nearer Chelsea.You never know we could nick a point. We did so at our place this season, even under Lambert.Could have won it at the death as well.

• Like 1

Why not? Just because they have had 2 good results does not mean they will have a 3rd. If that was the case then they would be a lot nearer Chelsea.You never know we could nick a point. We did so at our place this season, even under Lambert.Could have won it at the death as well.

Every match is winnable. Title maybe isn't, but a single match is.

• Like 1