Harry Kane

The_Rev

Or the guy is convinced that he scored, because he did. And he wants to claim it because he's a striker and he's proud and competitive.

I should imagine he enjoys seeing his name on the infographics that pop up on MOTD and Sky regarding 'most goals...' etc. When he retires I should imagine he'll have a chance of being near the top of the '...ever' graphic. 

Don't blame him, and I judge him to be an honest player. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Or the guy is convinced that he scored, because he did. And he wants to claim it because he's a striker and he's proud and competitive.

I should imagine he enjoys seeing his name on the infographics that pop up on MOTD and Sky regarding 'most goals...' etc. When he retires I should imagine he'll have a chance of being near the top of the '...ever' graphic. 

Don't blame him, and I judge him to be an honest player. 

well he swore on his daughters life that he touched the ball. Not one clip I have seen has him close to it

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

well he swore on his daughters life that he touched the ball. Not one clip I have seen has him close to it

He said online straight away that it brushed his shoulder. I believe him, even though the contact must be incredibly slight. 

However, I don’t think it should be his goal. If that hit a defenders’ shoulder, Eriksen would have the goal - it wouldn’t be an own goal. Therefore, Eriksen’s goal. 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

However, I don’t think it should be his goal. If that hit a defenders’ shoulder, Eriksen would have the goal - it wouldn’t be an own goal. Therefore, Eriksen’s goal. 

I don't think you can apply the same rules to strikers and opposing defenders.

IF Kane touched, no matter how slight, then it's his goal.

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think you can apply the same rules to strikers and opposing defenders.

IF Kane touched, no matter how slight, then it's his goal.

I think you should - makes no real sense otherwise IMO.

Player A has a shot on target, deflects off a defender and goes in = Player A's goal.
Player A has a shot on target, deflects off Player B and goes in = Player B's goal.

Nonsense*!

* - Plenty of this in football rules generally...

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think you should - makes no real sense otherwise IMO.

Player A has a shot on target, deflects off a defender and goes in = Player A's goal.
Player A has a shot on target, deflects off Player B and goes in = Player B's goal.

Nonsense*!

* - Plenty of this in football rules generally...

I can see the argument more for deflections, although still don't agree.

Â