Harry Kane

The_Rev

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

One season wonder.

With hindsight it's obviously a very silly tag but at the same time I don't think enough is made of his career trajectory, it's not the typical English "world class" story, definitely didn't look the part on his loan deals, not a teenage superstar, he's 20/21 before he establishes himself at Spurs...and then he's just gone **** nuts...

At 21 alli has played 120 games for Spurs and scored 40 times, Kane had played 26 games and scored 5 times

• Like 2

Brilliant player and, as others have said, seems really likeable too. No fuss outside the game, gets his head down and works hard.

He’s a genuinely world class striker and would walk into any team. Strangely, though, I can’t see him leaving Tottenham. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Brilliant player and, as others have said, seems really likeable too. No fuss outside the game, gets his head down and works hard.

He’s a genuinely world class striker and would walk into any team. Strangely, though, I can’t see him leaving Tottenham. 

It’s difficult to know what his dream is, it may be to play for one of the giants in Spain. Will Spurs pay him superstar money which is guess is £300k+ p/w? I suspect not.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s difficult to know what his dream is, it may be to play for one of the giants in Spain. Will Spurs pay him superstar money which is guess is £300k+ p/w? I suspect not.

He doesn’t really strike me as the sort of person who would be fussed about earning £300k/wk elsewhere when he can get £200k/wk at Spurs. Time will tell...!

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

He doesn’t really strike me as the sort of person who would be fussed about earning £300k/wk elsewhere when he can get £200k/wk at Spurs. Time will tell...!

I know, but he now has a family to think about and I guess he’ll  want to bank as much money as possible during his career for them. As you say, time will tell. Spurs have a history of selling off assets.

The biggest compliment i could give him is that going into yesterdays game needing 2 goals to break the record, pretty much everyone thought he'd get them. 

The kid is an absolute goal machine. 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I know, but he now has a family to think about and I guess he’ll  want to bank as much money as possible during his career for them. As you say, time will tell. Spurs have a history of selling off assets.

I've always been curious about the reason of "he has a family to think about". Kane earns more in a month than most people earn in 20 years and that's assuming they earn £20k a year, there are millions that earn less than that.

I don't think he has anything to worry about. That excuse is just a great way to mask greed and nothing more. His family will be fine whether he makes £400k a month or £1.2m a month it all becomes a bit redundant after a while.

I mean his salary plus sponsorships and everything else, he's likely earning tens of millions a year on his £100k a week as it is. He doesn't need more even if his family grows to extreme proportions, he could retire tomorrow and be fine. 

• Like 4

I agree, the whole "Its a short career so you have to make as much as you can" is just a cover for greed as you say.

At £50k per week, he'll earn more in a year than most will earn in a 40 year career (averages £65k pa). I know they pay of insurance etc but a 10 year career in sport even at that salary will set you up and your children up for life. 

That's not a criticism of Kane, as he has never shown a desire to chase the money but certain players have (Danny Rose for example)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

For us minions there is just “rich” but once you’re earning £20k a week you’re dreaming of that million pound pad and Ferrari you’ll afford at £40k per week. Then at £50k p/w you’re looking at your colleague on £100k a week going everywhere by private jet and has 3 range rovers that he changes every 6 months. Then there’s the £200k and 300k clubs too with the £8m house and fleet of bentleys. It’s hard for us to understand but it’s what money does, you’re always looking at the next rung on the ladder of wealth and there are many.

Just because he earns 100x more then Bob the steel worker or Mike the project manager makes no difference. He’ll want to be paid what he (his agent) says is his worth. If you were getting paid £5m a year but other players of a similar stature were getting £8m or £10m then you’d probably feel a little underpaid even if it is silly money.

I agree. Whilst I think the salaries in football are utterly ridiculous, he'd be right to look at other strikers at this level earning 3-4x as much as him but are no where near as good and will think he 'deserves' to earn that amount.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I agree. Whilst I think the salaries in football are utterly ridiculous, he'd be right to look at other strikers at this level earning 3-4x as much as him but are no where near as good and will think he 'deserves' to earn that amount.

Yep it's about parity as much as anything at that level.

Of course footballers earn enough to be comfortable whatever club they're at at that level. 

But if you're earning 150k a week and scoring more goals than 3 or 4 other strikers in Europe who are all on 250k - 300k then you think you deserve that much.

I think we all like to think that we're different and if we were in that position we'd be happy with what we have.
but we wouldn't. 99% of people would do exactly the same thing.

I don't know I think we have come to the time when English clubs can compete with real Madrid and Barcelona. If Spurs show ambition he will stay there. Bale has had mixed success at real and is not loved. He might look at him and say Spain is not for me. 

Edited by PaulC

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't know I think we have come to the time when English clubs can compete with real Madrid and Barcelona. If Spurs show ambition he will stay there. Bale has had mixed success at real and is not loved. He might look at him and say Spain is not for me. 

Really not true, if they call in summer looking for Hazard, De Bruyne or Salah they will run straight away. Look at fuss Coutinho made

As for Bale 3 champions league trophies would be considered a successful move ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not that I care at all about the England team but it would be a lot better off if far more English players, including the 'good' ones, actually had the balls to move abroad. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Really not true, if they call in summer looking for Hazard, De Bruyne or Salah they will run straight away. Look at fuss Coutinho made

As for Bale 3 champions league trophies would be considered a successful move ;)

That's the thing with Real Madrid...trophies don't mean anything, the fans have smashed his car up in the street, booed him, I don't think he's a guaranteed starter anymore, Michael Owen had the highest mins per goal ratio in the league during his "failure" at madrid

agree witht he other bit though, I think Kane will hold out until the new stadium and give Spurs another couple of chances to do something but then look to move for the peak of his career

the problem for him with that will be dybala and icardi will both get mega money moves in that time

• 3 months later...
Â