• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Needs to learn to settle for a point and sure things up at the back. can't afford to keep losing points late.

Do you mean the way we kept trying that under Lambert ?

Didnt work.

Each to their own but I'd rather see us go for it except against the top 4.

On another day it could have been 3- 0, to either side, or 3-3..

Needs to learn to settle for a point and sure things up at the back. can't afford to keep losing points late.

Do you mean the way we kept trying that under Lambert ?

Didnt work.

Each to their own but I'd rather see us go for it except against the top 4.

On another day it could have been 3- 0, to either side, or 3-3..

Paul Lambert isn't here. Things change. No need to risk a point at this stage of the season.

not good enough on the ball, needed a bit of composure, when he was on cleverley was poor so that wasnt the reason, nzogbia looked like a couple of good games had gone to his head again and he was at his blind alley best, sinclair couldnt get involved enough in the 1st half and then missed everything in the 2nd when he did get going

on another day we could have scored 3/4 so no complaints with what we created, but just as easily conceded that many too, swansea's pace caused us a problem from the 1st minute though, if routledge could read the line we'd have been in big trouble, that was a game that could easily have ended 4-4

benteke should have gone off sooner, was blatantly injured, weimann should be nowhere near this team, think he had just under 20 minutes and touched the ball twice, one of those was the kick off... utter garbage, we'd have been better off with gil or grealish

ref was absolutely shocking, couldnt work out if he was trying to make football a non contact sport, but then his was inconsistent too, he certainly wasnt a homer, really poor performance

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I'm normally Mr Negative, but, to be fair, we had some decent chances against a very good Swansea team. We didn't hold our own against a good team playing badly, we held our own against a good team who played well.

Wiemann sadly is nowhere near the level he was pre-contract. Guzan needs to improve his distribution.

N'Zogbia played well, but he needs more confidence, a few times he could've shot today but he hesitated and passed instead.

Sinclair looked ok, but let himself down by trying too hard to stick it to the Swansea fans.

Delph was excellent, made a fantastic tackle in the 2nd half. Hutton was decent. Clark was also good, but I just wish he would play the ball to feet instead of in to somebody on the chest or head. It takes an extra touch just to bring it under control.

Disappointed with the subs.

Results have gone our way, so it's as you were, if Burnley hadn't won last week it would all look at lot rosier. Tough games ahead, still possible, we need to match the results of those around us. We look like scoring now, which was one of our main problems.

Not as disappointed as I thought I'd be. Didn't think we deserved to win, but didn't deserve to lose either. Special mention to Mr Madley. Never seen such a picky referee. Didn't let the game flow at all and that didn't help us.

Bit of an over reaction from some on the phone in on the way home. Yes we lost today and are still in the mix, but if we would've won today, people would still be saying we're not safe. For me nothing's changed. QPR is a massive game that we need to win

Decent performance, certainly not as bad as some are making out.

A real shame some are sharpening their knives already, just waiting for the slightest mishap to pounce.

• Like 2

I thought we were outplayed for most of the game. We started the second half brightly but faded. I'm not sure why N'Zogbia was brought off. He blew hot and cold at times but was our main threat throughout the first half.

Decent performance, certainly not as bad as some are making out.

A real shame some are sharpening their knives already, just waiting for the slightest mishap to pounce.

Here here. I've read some absolute drivel in this thread and elsewhere on the internet this evening. We really do have some absolute moaners amongst us, don't we? Never, ever happy.

Yes, it's disappointing to lose like that again, but some of the over-reactions are hilarious. Suddenly our performance was "shit", "shocking", "bad" (some of the adjectives that have been used). We actually played pretty well against a very good Swansea side - a Swansea side which are up at the top end of the table on merit and who are renowned for their slick passing game. They definitely edged the first half but I'd say we edged the second and it was a free-flowing game with numerous openings for both sides. We're just unfortunate they stuck one away and we didn't. When you factor in the injury problems we've got and we actually did pretty well. That's what we're going to get from Sherwood - fully committed for the win right until the end and sometimes (like today) it'll cost us at the other end but I'd MUCH rather this approach than the negative, uninspiring dross we had to put up with under Lambert.

It's ironic that on the day Brigada accuse the media of overreacting to the pitch invasions, a large part of our fan base overreact to a late goal and revert to being in a blind panic once more.

Some of you need to remember how poorly we played at Hull City last month and then reflect on today's performance. It was committed, gutsy, positive and just lacking a cutting edge/bit of luck. We created plenty of openings, if not clear cut chances, how many times could you say that under Lambert?

• Like 3

Â