• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Swansea probably shaded it over the 90 minutes, but we looked decent, particularly second half and really should have had at least one goal. Sinclair had a bit of a mare today, and our chances of winning went off with Benteke, very disappointed to see Weimann come on rather than Gil.

Montero changed the game, but he is a good player rather than Bacuna being poor, the pass to Gomis was perfection.

Didn't deserve to lose, nil nil probably would've been fair.

Delph our best player, Charles looked good too. Sinclair wasteful. Great block by their defender for our best chance from Gabby.

I'd tell Belgium they can't have CB, we're gna need him at full strength next 5 games.

Ref was an absolute joke.

• Like 1

Benteke went off injured, Cleverley went off injured, N'Zogbia went off as he still isn't fit enough to last the entire match.

I'd bet that none of those players would've been taken off at any point in the game for tactical reasons, and we would've been able to make better substitutions in turn.

Crap referee as well, really, really crap.

• Like 2

Struck me as a very complacent performance in all honesty. We just seemed like we thought we'd get a result without really having to match Swansea. Thought we pressed them very well, and Delph, Clark and okore were very good.

A draw would have been a very fair result, but the signs are still much more positive than they were a month ago, and I'll take that!

Poor performance. Lets be honest, Swansea could have, should have been out of site by half time. Guzan's kicking gives me nightmares. Sherwood should have seen the game out at 0 - 0 as a point can be crucial at this stage Delph MOTM by a country mile!

Referee.....abysmal!

Clark was poorly beaten by Gomis for their goal.

in fairness to clark, it was a pinpoint pass and he was beet by the length of a toe

It was indeed a perfect pass. Still Clark was trying to hold off Gomis for a good number of yards and seconds but Gomis was simply too strong and could not be held off.

The referees were a joke. We could easily have had a penalty.

Odd one, I'm frustrated but I feel there are plenty of positives to take from that performance. I reiterate, we will get caught out under Sherwood, he likes to take the game to the opposition. Today it didn't quite work but it was a game that was in the balance until very late in the game. We were not blown away by Swansea but they were shown to be a settled and competent side and we look very much like a tentative work in progress. There was good and bad, in the end it was 'one of them'.

Given our defensive injury problems, I felt the team did well. We could really do with a few players back.

• Like 3

The referee was little short of appalling, I tweeted as much at half time. I did seriously wonder where his loyalties lay. Every time a Swansea player went down it was free kick and yet the reverse was never the same.

As for our performance unfortunately we were set up wrong so we just got over run in midfield. The substitutions were wrong, why Sanchez rather than Westwood? And why not Gil for Beneteke? Swansea are a good side, probably the best organised side I have seen at VP this season. Player for player I don't think they are as good a side as us but their set up put us in the shade. Bacuna is not a full back but I guess needs must. Beneteke looked pretty woeful. Sinclair was wasteful, I think he was trying to prove a point too much. I just hope neither injury is serious as we are down to the bare bones.

Overall very disappointed particularly conceding a sloppy goal at the end, how many times does that happen? Personally based on the second half we deserved a point.

One of those results that Lambert would have been destroyed for, I feel. 

we would have had no chances on Goal, thats the difference with TS though

Exactly under Lambert we would have aimlessly passed it around midfield.

Apart from the result the real worry was that our finishing seems to have regressed to where it was pre sherwood.

I'd much rather this performance than the dross we had served up week in week out before. We barely created, never mind good finishing. We will win more games playing like we did today than pre-sherwood, guaranteed!

Disappointed to lose it so late on but was a decent performance against a good footballing side. Injuries forced subs. With hindsight i would have put westwood on for cleverley instead of sanchez, as i thought he was poor. Fans screaming for gil are not being realistic...he's skillful but lightweight. I personally think that he won't cut it in english prem

Disappointed to lose it so late on but was a decent performance against a good footballing side. Injuries forced subs. With hindsight i would have put westwood on for cleverley instead of sanchez, as i thought he was poor. Fans screaming for gil are not being realistic...he's skillful but lightweight. I personally think that he won't cut it in english prem

Come on.

He was hardly playing against Stoke again.

Swansea allowed us to have time on the ball and aren't physical themselves.

This was the perfect game and also scenario for someone like Gil.

Not sure Weimann did much when he came on.

It's very disappointing in the end, we didn't play well but it was still a game that looked like there'd be a point in it for us.

I thought Clark was excellent and Okore not far behind, Delph was very good and Sanchez was reasonable when he came on. Gabby was reasonably good, Benteke was okay but seemed to want an extra touch. Sherwood has found a position for N'Zogbia and he carries a real threat when he's leading us out on breaks I thought he looked like he was continuing his reasonably bright form. Sadly our best chances fell to Sinclair who had a bit of a mare. In fairness to him, he kept running and making himself available, the effort was there, but he was always one beat out of time, whether giving the ball away, running into someone, jumping too early for a header or making bad decisions on shots or crosses, he'll want to forget this one.

I thought we got the tactics wrong from the outset, then got forced into a change that made them right, then lost because of it; which is probably why I'm not the manager.

The 4-4-2 we opened with gets to be a little bit too 4-2-4 at times and we were badly outnumbered in the middle, Swansea had control of the centre of the park for much of the game. When Benteke got his knock, we brought Westwood on and suddenly they couldn't play out from the back, they were matched in the middle and really struggling to get their passing together. It looked like we might snatch it at that point and Swansea were desperately looking for a plan B. Unfortunately they found one when they realised that we didn't have much pace at the back and Bacuna isn't really a full back, the ball into the corner for the wingers to run onto won them the game, and could have won it for them before it did.

It's excuse making at it's finest, but I don't think we can ignore being down to a right back at left back and a midfielder at right back - we simply don't have enough bodies at the back with Baker, Vlaar, Cissokho, Senderos and Lowton all out - and I think it caught up with us in the end. Which isn't to say we played well otherwise; we didn't. We lacked the spark of the past few games and there's a bit of work for Mr Sherwood to do.

In the end, despite playing poorly, we nearly held the team in ninth, despite a bundle of injuries and a referee who looked like he'd never seen a game before. I think we probably did enough to merit a point, we didn't get one - que sera sera.

Today's a bad day, but I still think we'll be fine.

Â