• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

It's upsetting that we conceded so late on in the game, and had we took our countless chances then we could have come away from this game with 3 points. Sinclair seemed more concerned with settling his vendetta with the Swansea fans than doing what was right, like putting through a simple pass.

Leicester have put 3 past Spurs today but still lost, I doubt Hull or QPR will get anything from their games. So a win against QPR on the 7th, and a decent chance against Spurs could still save our season.

Cleverly and Tekkers have an extra week to recover, along with the injured defenders. Would really like to know what is going on with Gil though :/

Incomprehensible substitutions. 

And one of the things Sherwood said when he arrived was that there would be nobody playing out of position. 

I don't know what he's thinking. 

You mean you literally cannot comprehend why he would make those subs? Really?

Thought they were pretty straight forward.

Players out of position = needs must, unless we just pick our best fit 11 and let them player wherever they like...

Delph was good. Clark made a few crucial interceptions and blocks, but also gave away a lot of fouls. Fullbacks looked frighteningly vulnerable. Was distinctly unimpressed with Sanchez, and would really have liked to see someone comfortable in possession like Gil, and would have hoped Sherwood would have done something to address our fullbacks being torn apart.

Still, we had a go, made some chances, and it was fun to watch for the most part. 

Think Sherwood didn't get the tactics right today. We really needed that extra man in midfield for me. Swansea really dominated for the most part. That being said we were unlucky, Cleverly injured in the first 10minutes so he was forced into a change. Westwood looked positive when he came on, Sanchez remains an enigma for me. Some of his stuff is great but his distribution at times.

Extremely disappointed we didn't get a draw though. I understand the desire to win but final 10 minutes when every point matters at the bottom of the table we shouldn't be losing at any cost imo. Stoke and Swansea now, 2 points arguably thrown away.

Swansea are a better team than us though, kind of saddened by it as well. Just makes me realise how rubbish our chairman is when we're now at this stage. Swansea aren't exactly rolling in it.  

Freaking injuries robbing us of key players and replacing them with inferior players who don't can't do anything.

Still a very poor loss once again and we really need to stop losing game at the end even if we can't win!

We were probably lucky to go into the half level given how many clear shots they had in the first half. Swansea could have been well ahead. Got lots to thank for Guzan and Clark for that, but unfortunately Clark was poorly beaten by Gomis for their goal.

The performance overall wasn't too bad but we didn't react to the Montero sub and from the moment he came on it was obvious that was where they were going to get in. Sinclair was a selfish selfish player today and had his mind been on the team and not proving a point to his previous fans we could have had all three points. Ref and both linesmen were a **** joke also.

Edited by flamingsombrero

Monk just out-thought Sherwood in that last 15 minutes. Westwood coming on for N'Zogbia gave Delph more freedom and he was dominating but Montero coming on pushed them wider and Sherwood had no answer to their speed. Probably would have been better to swap Hutton to the right and let him clatter Montero but in the end Sinclair had about 4 chances to win it for us and fluffed them all.

It was not the same team as last week, but then again Swansea are a committed, well-drilled, disciplined outfit - pretty much everything Sunderland were not.

Not too doomy & gloomy I don't think. We were good for a draw, got hit with a sucker punch, but we can bounce back.

• Like 3

I think Sinclair was just trying too hard after being booed by Swansea fans early on.

Clark was amazing until the goal.

Yeah, definitely our saviour until then. Okore played against Gomis all game, but not this time. Granted, Okore didn't fair too well either.

Â