• Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Incomprehensible substitutions. 

And one of the things Sherwood said when he arrived was that there would be nobody playing out of position. 

I don't know what he's thinking. 

• Like 1

Pointless bringing on Westwood instead of Gil. Unless he was going for the draw which is a negative approach at 65 minutes and at home having won 3 straight games. And as it was, we couldn't even manage a draw, partly because Westwood couldn't quite break up the play that started their move. Swansea at home was a game we really need all 3 points from considering the fixtures coming up. 

Perfect pass to Gomis, but I wish Clark got his foot in there somewhere. Gomis was too strong.

Bacuna lost battles decisively to Moreno, but who could Sherwood have brought on for him?

I'm worried about Benteke.

Delph MotM.

• Like 1

We had a few good chances, so did they. Just crap to concede so late again.

Zog, Clark, Okore, Delph, Guzan (minus kicking) all good

Sinclair particularly wasteful , did a Weimann after that cutback at start of 2nd half, should of put Benteke in and was genuinely really unlucky at the end there.

I think we deserved a point but hey lets not get too down. The rest lost and hopefully Sunderland will be their normal shitty selves. We play better football now and will win some and lose some.

UTV

• Like 1

Beaten by a very decent side. Not great in the first half, but thought we shaded the second. Bit of a sucker punch, but can't deny Swansea probably deserved it. Was disappointed by some of the decision making, especially by Sinclair. Think he was desperate to score against his old team, to the detriment of his new.

Not too disheartened, because there are positives to take from the performance in the second half. We just need to get back that ruthless streak from the Sunderland game.

Edited by dAVe80

Poor performance, poor subs & just didn't take our few chances. Got what we deserved to be honest. Swansea should have really been ahead by a couple in the first half anyway.

N'Zog, Delph and Clark the best performers for me today. Got to pick something up in our next 3.

I'm not too horrified given that our defence is makeshift, we suffered a couple of important injuries during the game and we were playing against 14 men (including the linesmen as well as the ref), but it's disappointing to concede a late goal. We had a few decent chances but I'm not sure that Fabianski was ever really tested; by comparison, Guzman made a couple of really awesome saves, but his distribution was poor and he seems nervous in a way he didn't last season.

My doubts about Sherwood continue - he's good at setting a team up and instilling confidence and positivity, but some of his substitutions baffle me. Sinclair was poor - he let his desire to score against his old club become more important than winning the game. Delph did okay, and we generally looked okay defensively, but Bacuna looked out of his depth against Montero and we were overrun in midfield. We're still playing better than we did under Lambert, but that alone is not going to keep us up.

Â