England squad upcoming games v Lithuania and Italy.

andykeenan

maybe not them but he was destroyed by Sweden granted they had Zlatan but rest of team are average and play a style that he should thrive against, lot of "fodder" European teams have improved a lot in recent teams and are a lot more technical and this is a weakness.

If England was in a group with Ireland or a Scandinavian or other UK team then I would use Shawcross

Dude, where do you think Sweden is?

maybe not them but he was destroyed by Sweden granted they had Zlatan but rest of team are average and play a style that he should thrive against, lot of "fodder" European teams have improved a lot in recent teams and are a lot more technical and this is a weakness.

If England was in a group with Ireland or a Scandinavian or other UK team then I would use Shawcross

dont get your point

dont get your point

You talk about him being destroyed by Sweden, then say you would use him against Scandinavian teams. It's confusing logic that's all. 

Now Sturridge out! I guess they're all genuine injuries but it must be very tough being an England manager when players keep pulling out. They will all want to be picked for the euro's finals though. 

I heard a lot of adverse comments when Delph was first picked for England. Even well known English commentators saying they switched the tv over when he came on in his first game. We're not spoilt for choices in midfield and Mason was next in line. 

Do you honestly think Delph has a chance in potentially starting? I think it depends on the formation, if we go for 4-2-3-1 Henderson - Carrick will probably be preferred? in a 4-3-3 formation though, i could easily see Delph starting.

Edited by villalad21

i hope he starts, purely based on his previous performances where he looked very good, said before in the thread the switzerland game which on paper is our hardest group game and we absolutely dominated it, the remainder of the group stage and build up to the euros should be based around a similar line up and formation

englands problem is and always has been that no matter how good we were last time out the manager will completely disregard that performance if it means he can shoe horn another big name in the team

if we go with 2 in midfield and 1 of them is carrick then you can forget it straight away, shows me Roy has learnt absolutely **** all from a disastrous world cup 

IM sure Spurs fans are saying why is Delph called up when he has been fighting relegation for 4 years while Mason is a started for a top 7 team

That's the crux really. If Delph constitutes an England quality player nowadays, then the likes of Mason should be too. They are pretty similar players it should be added.

If England were a top international team, half the current squad wouldn't be anywhere near but the reality is that there is an increasing pool of relatively decent English players as opposed to great/good ones.

Â