Ice Cream

AvfcRigo82

Here I was sitting there in the office the other day when an Ice Cream Van started chiming outside playing 'Match of the day'. Guess it is getting to that time of year again?

But it also got me thinking. Ice cream Vans are not what they used to be anymore and neither are the lollies we find today.

Yes the supermarkets seen to much of the demise of Vans etc. back in the early nineties but even today the products are relatively crap!

Even the logos now too are not all that with Wall's having a Heart as there logo, I much prefer the one when I was a kid where the Wall's logo was in front of a sunshine.

My fav lolly has to be the Twister but I would love for Wall's to bring back Lemon Callippo's!

Which leads me to the question.. What is everyone's favourite current Ice Cream / Lolly and also what lolly do you remember from your childhood that are now maybe discontinued that you would love to see manufactured again to buy?

I do like a Feast! 

From my childhood, Funny Feet and Funny Faces were always good. Also (maybe setting me up for future alcohol abuse), cider lollies, lager and lime lollies, and cherry brandys. A good old fashioned screw ball was always good too.  

• Like 1

When I was stateside a few years ago I had an M&M ice cream sandwich, that being two cookies with M&Ms baked into them with ice cream in the middle. I felt like I was going to have a coronary after, but it was delicious.

I do bloody love ice cream though. Best ice cream I've ever had was in a little parlour/café in Florence. It was only vanilla but it was absolutely superb. I had really good ice cream with a crépe in the south of France once too.

As for what I get when I go to a van, 99 double flake and strawberry sauce. Standard. The cones suck though.

Feast, Mint Feast, Calipo's, Twister or a 99 with a flake and strawberry sauce. These are the only proper choices a young 90's lad could have. Otherwise you were a stig.

When I was stateside a few years ago I had an M&M ice cream sandwich, that being two cookies with M&Ms baked into them with ice cream in the middle. I felt like I was going to have a coronary after, but it was delicious.

I do bloody love ice cream though. Best ice cream I've ever had was in a little parlour/café in Florence. It was only vanilla but it was absolutely superb. I had really good ice cream with a crépe in the south of France once too.

As for what I get when I go to a van, 99 double flake and strawberry sauce. Standard. The cones suck though.

Didn't realise you could get a vindaloo in France.

Haha LOL.

Feast, Mint Feast, Calipo's, Twister or a 99 with a flake and strawberry sauce. These are the only proper choices a young 90's lad could have. Otherwise you were a stig.

I'm assuming you missed off screwball by mistake

And I had an ice cream crepe in tokyo, will try and post a pic tomorrow, it was banana flavour, it had a whole banana in it, ice cream, whipped crea,, toffee sauce and a quarter slice of banana flavour cheese cake in it, it was **** huge!

Edited by villa4europe

I'm assuming you missed off screwball by mistake

And I had an ice cream crepe in tokyo, will try and post a pic tomorrow, it was banana flavour, it had a whole banana in it, ice cream, whipped crea,, toffee sauce and a quarter slice of banana flavour cheese cake in it, it was **** huge!

If you could buy it from kwik save in bulk then it wasn't on any self respecting bowl haircut kids list.

But now I'm nearly 30, a screwball is quality, unless it's a purple gum at the bottom. Or was it the blue one that tasted like chemicals and bleach mixed together?

Haha LOL.

HAHAHAHAHAHA LAD LADDY LAD-LAD! SO MUCH LAD!

;)

• Like 1

Used to love a Zzapp. Our ice cream man used to do a 99 with peanuts instead of the hundreds and thousands, mates thought I was a right wrongun for getting the peanuts.

Edited by Daniel

Our ice cream van that parked outside our school at the end of the day used to sell this really weird ice cream. It wasn't really icy, or creamy for that matter. It was more like... well it was weed, there I said it.

I didn't go to a very nice school.

Haha LOL.

HAHAHAHAHAHA LAD LADDY LAD-LAD! SO MUCH LAD!

;)

#dairybantz #gelatariaaintreadyfordaladz

• Like 1

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10727-1365786978-4.

For about 10 years of my childhood I didn't like ice cream.

Really weird. Just went off it one day. I don't think I actually didn't like it, I just convinced myself I didn't.

I love it again now, but it means I missed out on having a favourite ice cream when I was younger. Calippos was about as adventurous as I got.

As for now, whenever I visit Stratford I always try to stop at Henley in Arden on the way back to go to Henley Ice Cream. Lovely stuff in there

henley-ice-cream.jpg

• Like 2

Â