Pubs

BigCarew

Cheap! Looks big and a lot of outside space, hope for a nice day! Its pretty much a straight road so taxis from there look easy. Got the bus back from the ground to train station last year. 

Less than £2 a pint...

It's a good way to Old Trafford from there isn't it? My first time.

It is, but you can get the tram.

There are loads of good pubs in the centre of Manchester, so before I stopped going to Old trafford because of the pricing, the general plan was either  =pub near Deansgate station, or pub in the centre, then tram. Easy. Though the queues after the game to get on the tram are very big, so a 20 minute wait is about the norm. Suppose it depends if you're driving, coach or train to the game. But obviously train lends itself to pubs in the centre, then the tram.

Mate used to live in the Didsbury/Chorlton area which is actually one of the nicest parts of the city from what I've seen.

There are plenty of good boozers in the West/East Didsbury area and the tram takes 10 minutes to get to Stretford from there so if I was going I'd stay out of the centre and go there.

Printworks/ Northern Quarter is decent aswell.

Mate used to live in the Didsbury/Chorlton area which is actually one of the nicest parts of the city from what I've seen.

There are plenty of good boozers in the West/East Didsbury area and the tram takes 10 minutes to get to Stretford from there so if I was going I'd stay out of the centre and go there.

Printworks/ Northern Quarter is decent aswell.

That's what I'll probably be doing. Used to live in West Dids but never used to have the tram connection back then. It's so easy to get to United from there now.

It's a really nice area, not far off Four Oaks standard but has many more boozers and generally things to do so probably more the Manchester equivilant of Moseley/Harborne.

Yeah they opened the tram extension last year, Manchester is so much easier to get around on public transport than Brum it's ridiculous.

Last time I went, I just drank in the Spoons in Manchester City Centre. Will be coming from a different direction this time though so I'll just drink wherever my mate goes.

It's a really nice area, not far off Four Oaks standard but has many more boozers and generally things to do so probably more the Manchester equivilant of Moseley/Harborne.

Yeah they opened the tram extension last year, Manchester is so much easier to get around on public transport than Brum it's ridiculous.

I'd say East Didsbury has more pubs than West. Memories of 'The Didsbury Dozen'.

Yeah West is more upmarket, my mate lived in between the two so we went to West to watch last season's champions league final and managed to find one pub which had one minute tv in the corner!

East has decent ones like the Crown, the Admiral and Nelson all decent enough to watch football in as I have. 

It's more of a Man. City area really, think Maine Road used to be not far from there.

Â