Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

2 hours ago, useless said:

Hepburn-Murphy played better today than I've ever seen O'Hare play for the first team, yet O'Hare never seems to get any criticism whatsoever, despite never looking that good when he gets a chance in friendlies or cup games.

From today’s match day thread -

“O'Hare is **** useless”

“Not impressed with o'hare”

“O'hare isn't good enough”

“He crumbles in the box like weetabix”

“O'hare doesn't look good enough.”

“O'Hare doesn''t look quite at this level atm”

“O'Hare always loses the ball”

“I think he is on same level as green if not worse”

“...looks too lightweight. Needs a full season on loan.”

“O'Hare still off the pace for me.”

I think that's quite harsh, he hasn't been all that impressive for the first team, but to be fair hasn't really had a run of games enough to get into any kind of a rhythm. I think he looks better when he plays for the U23s as almost likea second striker, for some reason when he gets a chance with the first team he seems to play a lot deeper. Another one who could do with a loan.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

I think that's quite harsh, he hasn't been all that impressive for the first team, but to be fair hasn't really had a run of games enough to get into any kind of a rhythm. I think he looks better when he plays for the U23s as almost likea second striker, for some reason when he gets a chance with the first team he seems to play a lot deeper. Another one who could do with a loan.

I was just replying to the idea that O’Hare hasn’t received any criticism. It’s simply not accurate, I didn’t bother looking in O’Hare’s thread, but I reckon I could find similar examples.

RHM may receive more criticism, that’s quite possibly the case, probably as I think he’s been around first team squad more than O’Hare, he “broke through” before O’Hare so he’s been more present on people’s thoughts longer. But they both have their critics. I agree, I’d be very happy to see both go out on loan this season.

Anyway, I thought RHM was noticeably better today.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Needs a year in the championship where he is playing regularly - wouldnt loan him out to a lower league than that .

he struggled at Cambridge, am sort of shocked a League 1 team is in for him

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

he struggled at Cambridge, am sort of shocked a League 1 team is in for him

Harry Kane struggled during his loan spells, he went back to Spurs and well, I think the same can happen to RHM

If we don't sign another winger, then Hepburn-Murphy looking best bet at the club for our fourth choice winger, he's probably the most natural 'wide forward' that we've got.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, useless said:

If we don't sign another winger, then Hepburn-Murphy looking best bet at the club for our fourth choice winger, he's probably the most natural 'wide forward' that we've got.

He’s not a wide forward for me, natural centre forward, he’s too good a finisher to be playing on the wing, he looks ready to me

Yeah I've given him enough stick before for not being ready. He looked up for it today. Really hungry and had some nice touches to boot. 

I'd easily replace Green with him for Saturday if one of them gets 45 minutes. 

• Like 1

You can sort of see how he's been injured so much though. When you look how he moves past players he uses his pace then stops up and waits for a foul or the chance to accelerate past them. While doing this he doesn't brace or position himself for impact at all. A couple of times he moved inwards to cross or shot I felt sick by the idea if someone landed a tackle, cause they seriously snap his legs in half. Some players just have to be coached how to avoid injuries. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

I'm not saying play him as an out and out winger, but in a front wide of the main man then he can be a threat. Would still prefer us to sign another winger and a forward though, and get Rushian a good loan move, would be nice for us to be a position where we can send out our talent youngsters to decent championship sides, instead of us being the championship club that has to loan other teams youngsters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s not a wide forward for me, natural centre forward, he’s too good a finisher to be playing on the wing, he looks ready to me

I enjoy your enthusiasm for youth players Mr Cahill, but RHM is anything but ready for the quality of the Premier League. He looks like a lively young player who could do with a successful loan spell. Chances are that he won't make it at Villa, but he has an exciting career ahead of him as a professional footballer. 

I see him as the sort of player we could potentially sell for a nice few million to an emerging Championship club.  If that is the case then he should be considered a very successful product of our youth academy. 

I suspect his story may be similar to Callum Robinson. The sort of player we cannot successfully develop to their full potential because we can't afford for them to develop in the high pressure environmental of the Premier League or even the Championship. He'll be good for someone, but at the moment I don't see that being us.

• Like 2

Â