Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

52 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Even though, it was just a friendly against league one opposition, I thought he was excellent considering he was playing out of position on the left wing. That was the Rushian Hepburn-Murphy I know, he didn’t give Shrewsbury’s defenders a minute’s peace, he harried and hustled, watch him fly now

Really? Absolutely no chance this kid will be anywhere near the squad this season

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Did you see him today? He ran their defence ragged

He looked confident, hungry and really took the game to them in an impressive 45. All in a pretty odd/disjointed XI. I do think a loan would be great for him, as he's definitely ready for first team action but we'd not be able to give that to him in the prem yet. 

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He looked confident, hungry and really took the game to them in an impressive 45. All in a pretty odd/disjointed XI. I do think a loan would be great for him, as he's definitely ready for first team action but we'd not be able to give that to him in the prem yet. 

Why not?

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why not?

Well mainly because we've signed Wesley and I'd say it's unlikely that we'll play with two strikers. Getting him guaranteed starts and game time and therefore minutes would be better than maybes on our end. Do you think Smith might look to play him out wide? 

Hepburn-Murphy played better today than I've ever seen O'Hare play for the first team, yet O'Hare never seems to get any criticism whatsoever, despite never looking that good when he gets a chance in friendlies or cup games.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Because El Ghazi is better.

He did well today but as others have said he needs to stay fit first. Loan to championship/league one club to January would make plenty of sense.

They play in 2 different positions, so it’s hard to compare them, RHM is a natural centre forward, although he did well out wide today for me

45 minutes ago, useless said:

Hepburn-Murphy played better today than I've ever seen O'Hare play for the first team, yet O'Hare never seems to get any criticism whatsoever, despite never looking that good when he gets a chance in friendlies or cup games.

Its a great point. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I also saw a lot of times he should have passed but kept the ball trying to do it all himself. Definite potential, definitely a long way to go. A season on loan would be better for him than a few substitute appearances for us, I would say, but I will trust Smith to make that decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They play in 2 different positions, so it’s hard to compare them, RHM is a natural centre forward, although he did well out wide today for me

Today he played in positions and space El Ghazi would've been in if he was out there so for today it's a good comparison.

Next to no chance RHM is going to play upfront for us as lone forward anytime soon anyway.

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought he played very well today. A lot better than both Green and O’Hare. Very direct and caused problems. Still think he could do with being loaned out to a championship team for a year but the potential is there. 

He was certainly better than Green and O hare. But he wasn’t within a million miles of Jota or what we’ve seen from El Ghazi, in my view ( for example).

Ive seen him limited times but have seen nothing that’s impressed me, must admit. And I’m usually a big fan of our players.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes i was there. He ran about a lot, and whilst there were a few nice moments, he got pushed off the ball easily and seemed hell bent on not passing to anyone. 

I saw absolutely nothing today that makes me think this kid will ever make it in the PL. 

Â