Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The criticism is justified imo because there is a reason he has only started once in 3 years.

Him being a nice guy and super funny doesn't win games nor contracts.

Fwiw, I'm **** hillarious, can I have a 30k a week contract too? - and Il play the lone striker role!    :D

Sorry but I don't see a futire for RHM,as it stands even Davies will be lucky too as he is another I don't rate and will not make it here within a couple of years 

He is way down the pecking order when everyone is fit. Behind Abraham,Kodjia, Hogan, Davis.

Lower league football beckons for him. I would imagine we would loan him out if he can get fit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Brilliant. Wow. Make him sound like Messi or Ronaldo

Don't take it so literally mate :)

I mean, we should be allowed to be enthusiastic about our own youngsters, right? Some would call that fandom.

Edited by AVTuco

On 31/10/2018 at 10:04, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think the criticism in this thread is unfair, he has only started 1 game for our first team. He first appeared for our first team 3 and a half years ago now. I’ve seen him many times for our u18s and u23s and he is outstanding. He’s a very nice guy too, very funny 

Outstanding? 

77C3429C-3FBC-43F3-A3F7-8C32188188EE.jpeg

If he is fit in January he needs to be loaned out to get regular football. He is still only 20 but with 2 senior starts he needs to get a run of games under his belt at senior level.

It is hard to judge him either way and to write him off would be foolish but to suggest he will make it at this level or higher would also be premature. If he is to have any chance of breaking through though he needs to stay fit.

• Like 2

Some of the criticism in this thread is harsh to say the least, he’s still only 20 years old, he’s had a lot of injury problems over the past couple of years, just be patient with him. He is outstanding in my opinion, his natural ability is superb

• 1 month later...

Fantastic goal for the U23s tonight. RHM is another one, just like O'Hare, who is now too good for U23 football but probably not quite at first team level. Send him out on loan and get him playing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2018 at 09:38, KHV said:

He is way down the pecking order when everyone is fit. Behind Abraham,Kodjia, Hogan, Davis.

Lower league football beckons for him. I would imagine we would loan him out if he can get fit.

For me I would honestly get RHM and Davis in now before Hogan and kodjia. Kodjia and Hogan, those two can't perform much as of late and doubt they will anymore at Villa. Kodjia is selfish and does score some here and there but it's not enough and Hogan, well he's not impressed much since he's been here has he.. Mite as well throw all development we can into bringing two youth strikers up who could possibly bring it to the table.

RHM I think is very good, against the Manchester utd u23 team he didn't half lay into them, his turn speed is pretty darn lovely, he also has a wonderful, powerful accurate shot.

Davis doesn't half cause problems, again he gave the man Utd team other day no end of headaches.

I would put a bet that RHM and Davis would be miles better than kodjia and Hogan. They need first team experience and I would give it to them win, lose or draw. In the end it will be those two lads that replace Tammy or should do as I think Hogan and kodjia need to be sold.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

For me I would honestly get RHM and Davis in now before Hogan and kodjia. Kodjia and Hogan, those two can't perform much as of late and doubt they will anymore at Villa. Kodjia is selfish and does score some here and there but it's not enough and Hogan, well he's not impressed much since he's been here has he.. Mite as well throw all development we can into bringing two youth strikers up who could possibly bring it to the table.

RHM I think is very good, against the Manchester utd u23 team he didn't half lay into them, his turn speed is pretty darn lovely, he also has a wonderful, powerful accurate shot.

Davis doesn't half cause problems, again he gave the man Utd team other day no end of headaches.

I would put a bet that RHM and Davis would be miles better than kodjia and Hogan. They need first team experience and I would give it to them win, lose or draw. In the end it will be those two lads that replace Tammy or should do as I think Hogan and kodjia need to be sold.

Hogan yes but that's very unfair on Kodjia, who has started to look like his old self this season when he's had game time. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

To be fair Dave, Johnny Kodja has been played out of his natural position most of the season and I think it may be a little harsh on him.

Hogan though I have never rated anyway and I can't see that changing. He has not been helped by the last manager wasting £12m on him and never playing him either so I will agree with you I would select KD or RHM over Hogan and Hogan should be sold I agree. 

I think this season was too precious to be developing them in our first team given we need to get promoted imo.

8 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Not sure if this translates but Nixon claims that Cambridge are after him on loan 

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Would be a great loan for him, I’d expect him to flourish there, he needs regular football now

No suprise of this since Colin Calderwood is now their manager and will know RHM from his time here.

If RHM goes I too would expect him to smash that league and flourish.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

To be fair Dave, Johnny Kodja has been played out of his natural position most of the season and I think it may be a little harsh on him.

Hogan though I have never rated anyway and I can't see that changing. He has not been helped by the last manager wasting £12m on him and never playing him either so I will agree with you I would select KD or RHM over Hogan and Hogan should be sold I agree. 

I think this season was too precious to be developing them in our first team given we need to get promoted imo.

I would like to know: if you think if we were to get promoted, do you think we would stay there, I do not at this moment in time. I feel the problems we have are because of a team that even bruce in the end couldn't get them to play for him. I think it's going to take around two seasons on, before we have a team really capable for the premiere. I say use the like of Davis and RHM now because we could use this time to put them in front of Hogan and kodjia for some much needed experience they truly  need. Sure they may find it difficult at first but eventually for both, I'm sure both will come good sooner rather than later.

I dont believe our future lies with Kodjia and Hogan You may think I'm being to harsh on Kodjia and while I agree he's been played out of position, i feel if he was played in his position, still wouldnt do half of what Tammy is doing. The question then lies what do we do to get hold of our own type of Tammy Abraham. There are only two real answers, one is sell Hogan and Kodjia and replace with someone very capable of the transfer market. Or two bring RHM and Davis through and test them and use the rest of this season for a development platform for many of our youth. I feel Fast tracking our youth could be the key for next season or the season after. It also cuts out these Loans as well, something that im not entirely against but something i would look to stopping as we start to rely on home grown talent once more.

I think Tammy coming in and setting the place on fire in the way he has done, has set the bar so high that we now know what we truly need for our strikers. The thing is apart from Tammy I just don't see the two that should be running the show ever coming close to Tammy, as sad as it sounds I don't. With RHM, Davis and others, we have time to nurture them and make them ready and we could do it quicker than what we are. Its almost as if we are not acknowledging that they play for us unless injuries take hold of first teamers, in my eyes that is what is unfair.

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I would like to know: if you think if we were to get promoted, do you think we would stay there, I do not at this moment in time. I feel the problems we have are because of a team that even bruce in the end couldn't get them to play for him. I think it's going to take around two seasons on, before we have a team really capable for the premiere. I say use the like of Davis and RHM now because we could use this time to put them in front of Hogan and kodjia for some much needed experience they truly  need. Sure they may find it difficult at first but eventually for both, I'm sure both will come good sooner rather than later.

I dont believe our future lies with Kodjia and Hogan You may think I'm being to harsh on Kodjia and while I agree he's been played out of position, i feel if he was played in his position, still wouldnt do half of what Tammy is doing. The question then lies what do we do to get hold of our own type of Tammy Abraham. There are only two real answers, one is sell Hogan and Kodjia and replace with someone very capable of the transfer market. Or two bring RHM and Davis through and test them and use the rest of this season for a development platform for many of our youth. I feel Fast tracking our youth could be the key for next season or the season after. It also cuts out these Loans as well, something that im not entirely against but something i would look to stopping as we start to rely on home grown talent once more.

I think Tammy coming in and setting the place on fire in the way he has done, has set the bar so high that we now know what we truly need for our strikers. The thing is apart from Tammy I just don't see the two that should be running the show ever coming close to Tammy, as sad as it sounds I don't. With RHM, Davis and others, we have time to nurture them and make them ready and we could do it quicker than what we are. Its almost as if we are not acknowledging that they play for us unless injuries take hold of first teamers, in my eyes that is what is unfair.

Interesting. If we got promoted this season, half to three quarters of the squad will be gone by June through out of contracts and loans expiring then add a few who would also be sold.

On that basis we would need to build a brand new team in the Premier League that would be able to compete and stay there.

I agree Tammy has set a high standard which is fine by me but it is hard to tell wether Kodj could do the same if he played the entire season Up front, possibly not.

Hogan I don't think would come even close.

To be fair if we do make it back to the Premier League I don't see any room for any of that quartet that we have mentioned as they wouldn't be good enough at that level anyway imo.

27 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Interesting. If we got promoted this season, half to three quarters of the squad will be gone by June through out of contracts and loans expiring then add a few who would also be sold.

On that basis we would need to build a brand new team in the Premier League that would be able to compete and stay there.

I agree Tammy has set a high standard which is fine by me but it is hard to tell wether Kodj could do the same if he played the entire season Up front, possibly not.

Hogan I don't think would come even close.

To be fair if we do make it back to the Premier League I don't see any room for any of that quartet that we have mentioned as they wouldn't be good enough at that level anyway imo.

Yes that is a certainty, i agree about them not being good enough for the premiere. However I feel Hogan and kodjia would of hit brick walls where as Davis and RHM still have that opportunity to impress given how young they are.

If we hit the premiere this season or stay put, if I were Smith I think I'd be looking to sell Kodjia and Hogan regardless. There is always that chance of Davis and Murphy thriving of the premiere in due time.

Something needs to happen, I feel Smith is biding his time, waiting to see if we enter the promise land. It's obvious we would truly need a fire team capable of winning games and scoring there fare share. I do hope chelsea would sell Tammy to us if we did go up, this is why i think they also slapped that 50 mill price tag on him and I'd be more than happy for a player of Tammys calibre to be our most expensive signing.

I think for RHM, Davies and O'hare that Tammy could be a world of good for them. Tammy is the perfect example of what we have been missing for so long, the perfect role model to the rest of our strikers, that I bet they've already take so many notes off of him.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Limited sympathy after that messing he did over his new contract at a time when he would have otherwise been starting games due to injuries to first team players. 

I don't think many players make it, having made so few senior appearances at any level by the age of twenty. 

• Like 2

Â