Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Bit harsh, he’s only 20 years old, to write him off is ludicrous in my opinion 

Oh it's definately harsh. But after watching football for 30 years and having hands on experience with young players getting crocked, I would be very surprised if he went on to become a first team player for us. You stagnate and don't progress a lot when you are injury ridden as young. From my experience anyway. But if he proves me wrong I'll gladly get his name on my shirt. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

How is it any different to proclaiming them a future superstar? 

Way too early to be judging him. 

However he does have time, ability and potential on his side. Hopefully he becomes a good player for us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Oh it's definately harsh. But after watching football for 30 years and having hands on experience with young players getting crocked, I would be very surprised if he went on to become a first team player for us. You stagnate and don't progress a lot when you are injury ridden as young. From my experience anyway. But if he proves me wrong I'll gladly get his name on my shirt. 

I think you are correct, these years are vital to a young player’s development 

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I try to be positive, I don’t remember calling him a superstar but he is a very good footballer, he could be a superstar in the future, no doubt 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Clickety linkings

Aston Villa striker picks up another worrying injury

Dean Smith is blessed with a host of talented attackers at AVFC

0_JS159813117.jpg

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy was forced off during Aston Villa under-23s’ game against Derby County on Thursday night due to injury.

The talented 20-year-old has recently returned to action following a hamstring injury and started for Villa’s second string in their 1-0 Premier League Cup win over the Rams.

He was withdrawn just after the hour though after being involved in a heavy collision. His replacement, Harvey Knibbs, struck the decisive goal.

Villa will be hoping Hepburn-Murphy’s latest setback isn’t serious with the striker already having been unavailable for a large chunk of this season.

He suffered an ankle injury out in Portugal as part of Villa’s pre-season training camp in July and missed crucial fitness work as a result.

Hepburn-Murphy was handed two starts by Steve Bruce in the Carabao Cup ties with Yeovil and Burton earlier this season but he’s had little opportunity to impress new head coach Dean Smith.

The former Aston Manor school pupil made a goalscoring return to action for Vila’s U23s as they lost to Reading on Sunday but his second comeback game ended badly.

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I try to be positive, I don’t remember calling him a superstar but he is a very good footballer, he could be a superstar in the future, no doubt 

Please stay that way SGC mate.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I would suggest this: in proclaiming someone as a potential star probably means you have seen them play a number of times and on this you offer your opinion?

Where RHM is concerned I'm not sure any of us have seen him play enough to offer a reasoned opinion either way.

I see potential - will it be realised ?

reminds me a lot like Darren Byfield - local kid, good feet, intelligent and technically much better than Vassell - who poached two taps ins against Stromgodset and I'm afraid that was the end of Byfield as a Villan - something similar I think might well happen to RHM?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Don't rate RHM one bit myself!! Again happy to be proved wrong.

Predict he will be playing in lower leagues in few years time.

He is brilliant, so naturally gifted, let’s see what happens to him, sink or swim

On 31/10/2018 at 10:04, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think the criticism in this thread is unfair, he has only started 1 game for our first team. He first appeared for our first team 3 and a half years ago now. I’ve seen him many times for our u18s and u23s and he is outstanding. He’s a very nice guy too, very funny 

The criticism is justified imo because there is a reason he has only started once in 3 years.

Him being a nice guy and super funny doesn't win games nor contracts.

Fwiw, I'm **** hillarious, can I have a 30k a week contract too? - and Il play the lone striker role!    :D

Sorry but I don't see a futire for RHM,as it stands even Davies will be lucky too as he is another I don't rate and will not make it here within a couple of years 

Â