Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

I don’t know why posters are comparing him to Luke Moore and Nathan Delfouneso and others, this is Rushian Hepburn-Murphy. For me, he is outstanding, not only as a footballer but also as a person, he is very laid back and funny. His career could go either way, he has great natural ability and for me, has a great attitude and willingness to improve. I think the club know this as he’s been on a contract since he was 13 years old. If he can get fit and stay fit, he should have an impact this season 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tumblerseven said:

abraham,kodjia,hogan,davis and then murphy.I dont see how he can have impact this season in 1st team.We dont even play two strikers upfront. Theres no way.

Why can’t we play 2 strikers up front? Why can’t he have an impact in the first team this season? He’s brilliant 

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why can’t we play 2 strikers up front? Why can’t he have an impact in the first team this season? He’s brilliant 

Show me any successful European club that plays 4-4-2 today? If he's in it'll be shoe horned onto right or left of a three and expected to do l work defending as well as attacking. Perhaps when looking to stretch a defence he'd be a good option? 

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

As i know Dean didint play 2 upfront in brentford so its unlikely hell play it here.

As i see we have grealish as very good number 10 so us playing with 2 strikers upfront we should play 3 at the back something like 3-4-1-2 whitch i honestly would like to see but again unlikely. In wings we have elmo,bolasie ,adomah,el ghazi so moving grealish in wing makes no sense so in every formation we have to have number 10AM spot for grealish.

So we dont play 2 upfront we probably wont play 2 upfront so seeing Murphy near 1st team this season is very unlikely actually i would say impossible.

I don't watch youth football so i can only comment on what I've seen for the first team, and so far I've seen absolutely nothing from RHM that gives me confidence in the kid. 

Bolton away last year he looked absolutely atrocious.

I think the criticism in this thread is unfair, he has only started 1 game for our first team. He first appeared for our first team 3 and a half years ago now. I’ve seen him many times for our u18s and u23s and he is outstanding. He’s a very nice guy too, very funny 

49 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think the criticism in this thread is unfair, 

What you have to remember mate is that unlike yourself many of us don't watch youth football so can only base our opinions of what we have seen from the first team, and so far he has been poor when given the opportunity. The rest of the time he seems to be injured. 

From the very little I've seen, Doyle Hayes and Callum O'hare look much more likely to make the step up than RHM, though again, I've not seen as much as you. 

A loan makes perfect sence.

5 hours ago, Dale said:

Show me any successful European club that plays 4-4-2 today? 

I don't think he will make it, but I'd like to see him get a fair crack. However the notion that certain tactics don't work in the modern game is wrong. It's about players, coaching and general philosophy, not whether you play 451 442 433 or 41212. And fwiw didn't leicester win the league with a 442? 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Thanks 1

He's clearly not built for kick and rush. I'd be very interested in seeing him play once Smith has the side functioning properly, his record at youth level at the very least indicates he knows where the net is, alongside that he looked pretty neat and tidy on the ball in his first team appearances this season.

4 hours ago, av1 said:

What you have to remember mate is that unlike yourself many of us don't watch youth football so can only base our opinions of what we have seen from the first team, and so far he has been poor when given the opportunity. The rest of the time he seems to be injured. 

From the very little I've seen, Doyle Hayes and Callum O'hare look much more likely to make the step up than RHM, though again, I've not seen as much as you. 

A loan makes perfect sence.

I agree - I do have faith in him as a player - but I feel a loan move will do him a power of good and maybe allow for a little more confidence in him, from the masses maybe?

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

According to Birmingham Live, alleged motoring offences against RHM have been dropped :)

Probably proved he wasn't able to drive at the time of the alleged incident because he was injured ?

• Like 1

Â