Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

39 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Was on about 10 minutes and player about 3 difference positions and roles, which just sums up Bruce's lack of nous and his scattergun approach.

Not sure what he could have done tbfh.

Maybe - although it isn't the first time RHM has come on done very little. Not seen him do anything in any of his appearances - that can't all be down the manager. RHM either isn't ready or isn't good enough - I suspect the latter

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Was on about 10 minutes and player about 3 difference positions and roles, which just sums up Bruce's lack of nous and his scattergun approach.

Not sure what he could have done tbfh.

He looked good the first minutes as a wide right forward, had two threatening runs. Disappeared after he was switched to central striker. Can't understand why we changed his position while it looked like working.

• Like 1

On 15/08/2018 at 22:52, srsmithusa said:

I think you have some very astute observations. One of my many (and I’m sure endless to some) complaints about Bruce is that his tactics never seem to match the personnel.  Playing long ball to hold and bring other into play is fine with Davis, but it’s inane if RHM is up top and to a lesser extent Kodjia.

but heres my question for you.  Would you have more hope the RHM if we played a style with quick passes on the ground? (Which is what our U-23’s play when I have see them)

my suspicion is that you don’t see hope in RHM partly because Bruce doesn’t play a style that suits him.  

Honestly, I don't think so. I watched him a fair bit and thought he was decent striker if a little limited. Often these skilful strikers who dribble at pace can't cut it at higher level against better defenders.

Usually a good youngster who makes the first team will have a few strings to their bow otherwise history dictates they will struggle.

RHM will obviously have a better chance of the manager plays a style that suits him, but even if that happens I'm not expecting him to be a top player. Hope I'm wrong

Just now, turvontour said:

I dont know much about him as a player, but why wouldnt he want to take that penalty for us tonight?

Seeing as he has never scored a goal for us.

It may have been a matter of seniority, in that Albert took them last season on occasion, and scored. 

6 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

How did he play last night? 

Safe to assume he’s in the group of ‘door knockers’ that missed their opportunity to make an impression? 

He was poor as the rest, but then again a kid is always going to lose a long ball battle with mature defenders who played well. 

Our style of play asked too much of him (we played him as if he was Kodja) and it proved fruitless. Who would have thought. 

Edited by Mic09

He has looked good in sub minutes with the first team, but in the cups he looks dire.

Doesn't help that in the cup we only played long balls. I don't expect much from Murphy this year. If he can come on, and be a havoc, that is a good well done for me. Hopefully he can get 5-6 goals too.  

so if Kodjia is out will he start RHM upfront against Shefifeld. He will more likely play Adomah upfront and people will get on his back when we lose playing players out of position. He needs to back these kids.. not stick it to them when they dont perform. 

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

90% sure he was brought on just so Bruce could say his only options were a kid. Just waiting for that post match to confirm it.

I’m sure he’ll say that too, it’s his get out clause, how was Hepburn-Murphy for anyone that saw the match?

Â