Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

wasnt it Norwich last year we were so comfortable and he chose to give Grant Holt a run-out and not Robinson

Different circumstances. Lambert wanted a fitter Holt and gave him game time.

we were 4-1 and had a spare sub still after Holt

Not in the U21s promoted ahead of any of those.  Those in the U21 you would have hoped given their age would have had a look in,  just wonder if Sherwood does not rate the U21 crop that much

I have a feeling this may have been more of a signal than a reflection on RHM's ability.

It's Sherwood saying "look, I play youth players" and a signal to the rest of the younger players that if they perform, then they'll play.

The Yoof is very much one of Sherwood's "things", so I think he's reinforcing that

He touched the ball twice I believe. First time he ran it of play, the second he went on a neat little driving run down the channel and was taken out in a dangerous position by Bridcutt (who is a really good player IMO). Extremely small sample I know but he looks like a very direct player. I believe he is well hyped at U18 level?   

Yep, he did some really good things, reads the game well and decent on the ball, could be worth a look. 

Not in the U21s promoted ahead of any of those.  Those in the U21 you would have hoped given their age would have had a look in,  just wonder if Sherwood does not rate the U21 crop that much

I have a feeling this may have been more of a signal than a reflection on RHM's ability.

It's Sherwood saying "look, I play youth players" and a signal to the rest of the younger players that if they perform, then they'll play.

The Yoof is very much one of Sherwood's "things", so I think he's reinforcing that

yep - I agree - just window dressing for me....the headline reads 'Sherwood not afraid to give teen his chance' - Thats not the real story IMO.

wasnt it Norwich last year we were so comfortable and he chose to give Grant Holt a run-out and not Robinson

Different circumstances. Lambert wanted a fitter Holt and gave him game time.

we were 4-1 and had a spare sub still after Holt

Fine.

I hope he's on the bench tomorrow, it's great to see another young, local striker coming through the ranks, it always gives me a buzz, I won't put too much pressure on him after the relative failure of Delfouneso, it's sad to see Blackpool on the brink of relegation, Delfouneso was brilliant as a kid but for some reason, he hasn't adapted to the adult game for whatever reason but I have high hopes for Hepburn-Murphy, it's a terrific achievement to make your debut at the age of 16, let's hope he can follow it up

Not in squad tomorrow.

Sauce? 

HP please. 

I'd imagine he's just guessing but according to the AVTV interview Sherwood said he was only on the bench because of loads of injuries. He said he threw him on because it would send a message to the academy and we were 4-0 up. He asked his staff who is playing well for the academy and just picked him for the bench. 

I can't imagine now with Grealish and Hutton back that he'll find a place on the bench. I could be wrong though. 

• Like 1

according to the AVTV interview Sherwood said he was only on the bench because of loads of injuries. He said he threw him on because it would send a message to the academy and we were 4-0 up. He asked his staff who is playing well for the academy and just picked him for the bench. 

#patontheback

• 4 weeks later...
Â