Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

Seems Daniel Sturridge is a friend of the family.

287ae5de9b92b8841cd4fba243cbba18_normal.Daniel Sturridge @D_Sturridge · 4 hrs4 hours ago

Shoutout to the lil homie @Rushcmpt on making his debut today at 16 years old for @AVFCOfficial I know your dad is proud boy!! #salute 1f44c.png1f44c.png

Not many know that Sturridge started out at Villa before Man Citeh stole him as a youth!

Well done lad, Onwards and Upwards.

Not many people know that because that's not true, he went to Coventry from us and then onto Man City 3 years later.

He started out at Villa thats as true as night follows day! I may have got the wrong city  :P

I was pleased to see RHM  come on for a few minutes .I have seen this lad in the youth and reserve teams and he certainly knows where the net is.Good move by Sherwood ,it  shows a bit of vision and gives a message to all the reserves and youths that if they are good enough they are old enough.Must have been soul destroying for the young lads under Lambert knowing they would never get a look in

wasnt it Norwich last year we were so comfortable and he chose to give Grant Holt a run-out and not Robinson

Different circumstances. Lambert wanted a fitter Holt and gave him game time.

wasnt it Norwich last year we were so comfortable and he chose to give Grant Holt a run-out and not Robinson

The point being that there never were circumstances where Lambert felt it was appropriate to play youth players. Other than duping Grealish into signing a new contract of course.

The point being that there never were circumstances where Lambert felt it was appropriate to play youth players. Other than duping Grealish into signing a new contract of course.

Can't see how he was duped. He is a 14 year old trickster. Got his chances before and after signing the contract. When he is good enough he will start games.

He touched the ball twice I believe. First time he ran it of play, the second he went on a neat little driving run down the channel and was taken out in a dangerous position by Bridcutt (who is a really good player IMO). Extremely small sample I know but he looks like a very direct player. I believe he is well hyped at U18 level?   

I think there is nothing more exciting as a fan than one of your own coming through to the first team, at any age, but particularly at that age

Indeed. My personal favourites being John Deehan, Gary Shaw and Ian Taylor. Holte Enders to a man.
  • Like 1

I think there is nothing more exciting as a fan than one of your own coming through to the first team, at any age, but particularly at that age

Indeed. My personal favourites being John Deehan, Gary Shaw and Ian Taylor. Holte Enders to a man.

i'd add brian little and keith leonard to that list

• Like 1

They did last night, didn't show him but did mention him

Why would they show him? Chelsea bringing on some kid they poached from west brom and pay £20k a week to play 5 minutes before disappearing to spend 5 years on loan in the championship is news, us playing a 16 year old from round the corner isn't

To be fair I'd rather he didn't have the extra pressure / expectation, grealish will get it, any kid brought through by sherwood will get it

Not in the U21s promoted ahead of any of those.  Those in the U21 you would have hoped given their age would have had a look in,  just wonder if Sherwood does not rate the U21 crop that much

Â