Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

His goal scoring exploits at under 23 level suggests he has 'something to work with'. His loan spell is a massive acid test, keen to see how he gets on over the course of the season, not out of the ordinary for a young player on loan to have a poor first game. 

I think scoring records at that level have been shown to mean very little on a number of occasions.

Granted it was just one game and he won’t have had much time to learn about his team mates that should be taken into account but so must just how poor Notts County are. 

The issue with what I saw of him yesterday and what I’ve seen every time I’ve watched him is there is nothing special about him. Nothing exceptional even against the lowest side in the league, there wasn’t a single attribute to his game I could pick out as being his strength.

I’d love to be wrong but I really don’t think I will be.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think scoring records at that level have been shown to mean very little on a number of occasions.

Granted it was just one game and he won’t have had much time to learn about his team mates that should be taken into account but so must just how poor Notts County are. 

The issue with what I saw of him yesterday and what I’ve seen every time I’ve watched him is there is nothing special about him. Nothing exceptional even against the lowest side in the league, there wasn’t a single attribute to his game I could pick out as being his strength.

I’d love to be wrong but I really don’t think I will be.

It's hardly a great predictor of success but it's still an indication of something at least, you never get a successful forward who didn't have a good youth team record, put it that way. The question is whether he can do this out of the U23 league comfort zone, does he have the composure to score when it really matters? Can he compete with physically stronger players? Can he adjust to games tactically? All this stuff we will find out over the course of his loan. 

From Harry Kane's wiki page 

Kane first played for a local club, Ridgeway Rovers, and joined the Arsenal youth academy when he was eight years old. He was released after one season for being "a bit chubby" and not "very athletic", according to Liam Brady who was then in charge of Arsenal's academy.[19] Manager Arsène Wenger stated in November 2015 that he was disappointed that Arsenal chose to release Kane.[20] He also had a trial at Tottenham Hotspur but was not initially successful,[21] and he returned to his old club Ridgeway Rovers. In 2004, at the age of eleven, he joined Watford academy for a four to six-week trial, and was then given another chance at Tottenham after he impressed playing for Watford against Tottenham.[22][23] He first played at Tottenham as a midfielder – initially in a holding position, then as an attacking midfielder.[21] In his early days at the club, he did not stand out as a player as he was not big nor was he particularly quick, but those who worked with him at the club noted his constant desire to improve various aspects of his game

Not saying he has the potential to be anywhere near as good as Harry Kane but his success will be detemined in what desire he has to improve all aspects of his game. We could really do with RHM becoming a big player for us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

From Harry Kane's wiki page 

Not saying he has the potential to be anywhere near as good as Harry Kane but his success will be detemined in what desire he has to improve all aspects of his game. We could really do with RHM becoming a big player for us.

That's just it isn't it, one of our youths have to step up and be our next fan fav big scorer who can do what Tammy does. 

We actually need a heroe rite now, I can't see Hogan or kodjia becoming that heroe so it now lands on who do we sign or who steps up to fill a very big hole left by past players who scored a good amount for us.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

That's just it isn't it, one of our youths have to step up and be our next fan fav big scorer who can do what Tammy does. 

We actually need a heroe rite now, I can't see Hogan or kodjia becoming that heroe so it now lands on who do we sign or who steps up to fill a very big hole left by past players who scored a good amount for us.

I think he can be that player for us, loans very rarely give a true reflection of a player’s ability in my opinion. For me, RHM is outstanding, his natural ability is excellent, he can still have a future here, no doubt

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he can be that player for us, loans very rarely give a true reflection of a player’s ability in my opinion. For me, RHM is outstanding, his natural ability is excellent, he can still have a future here, no doubt

Give it up mate, please.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

SGC this is why it's so hard to take you seriously. Outstanding and excellent aren't words that are used for players like RHM. They're used for top class established players.

He may well become an outstanding player, who knows. But for now he's nothing more than a prospect. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy 8: An interesting game. Caused havoc across the Cobblers' back four and teed up Brown. Clearly a lot of talent, but his decision making wasn't always there.

From match report in local paper (Link)  after Cambridge’s 3-2 over Northampton. 

• Thanks 1

When Tammy goes I think RHM should be give the opportunity along with Davis to put on the big boy boots and be given half a season. We're safe now, I can't see us going up also, if I were the coach I'd send Tammy back and use this last bit of the season to really see if they can prove beyond a doubt if they can be our next Villa heroes. Villa needs a couple of Young scoring heroes again, we've not had a pair for a long time.

We need to give them the chance to become what we need them to be.

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

When Tammy goes I think RHM should be give the opportunity along with Davis to put on the big boy boots and be given half a season. We're safe now, I can't see us going up also, if I were the coach I'd send Tammy back and use this last bit of the season to really see if they can prove beyond a doubt if they can be our next Villa heroes. Villa needs a couple of Young scoring heroes again, we've not had a pair for a long time.

We need to give them the chance to become what we need them to be.

You can't be serious? You'd be happy just giving up on chasing play offs just to see if RHM and Davies can do anything? 

• Like 2

On 13/01/2019 at 23:00, daggy_333 said:

SGC this is why it's so hard to take you seriously. 

It's not just hard it's impossible. Every single player is excellent young and old. He has never seen a player that was bad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

You can't be serious? You'd be happy just giving up on chasing play offs just to see if RHM and Davies can do anything? 

Anyone now has to realise with this squad of first teamers we are chasing a dream that is never going to become reality this season.

We have failed to capitalise on other teams messing up, that to me is a big no no on what shouldn't of happened.

I would use the rest of this season as a training ground to find a winning formulae with the younglins, it's never going to happen while were chasing this notion that were going to go up this season. We will waste games in what could be used as a platform to get us started quicker next season. We dont use the remainder of this season as om saying, next season could very well end up more of this season.

We truly need to put our Young ones out there in our team and make them ready, they are itching to go. We're wasting time I think in what could be a proving ground for many, I would ditch any first teamers who doesn't pull there socks up in favour of our youth, find out over the remainder of this season and try to blend a squad out of them all.

Plan ahead this is what we should be doing, not keep chasing something that is getting further and further away.

If our players keep on the way they are and the next bunch of games go the same then what will you say?? Will you say we should of carried on pointless pursuing promotion or say we could of better used that time in other ways. This is the problem we have with our fans and has been a for a while at our club, we need to look at what is possible and important at the same time and stop driving towards blind ambition.

Edited by Dave-R

Needs to stay loaned out for the next 18 months, stay fit and get a good 50 games under his belt. Then see where he is.

I do think he has a lot of talent but whether he has the mentality and application to translate that to senior football is another thing.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Needs to stay loaned out for the next 18 months, stay fit and get a good 50 games under his belt. Then see where he is.

I do think he has a lot of talent but whether he has the mentality and application to translate that to senior football is another thing.

So many of our talented young players lack this basic hunger and drive that i cant help but think that the youth coaching has something to do with it.

On 22/01/2019 at 20:03, flashingqwerty said:

So many of our talented young players lack this basic hunger and drive that i cant help but think that the youth coaching has something to do with it.

Or.. people just go over the top about young players.

I just don’t think he is very good.

On 13/01/2019 at 18:24, sir_gary_cahill said:

Outstanding natural ability...

260B1326-2AC4-48EB-A53D-3DE5110858E8.png

Â