Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

49 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Nothing.

Considering the fact he has zero goals for us in 15 appearances and zero goals for England in 15 appearances from ages 16 to 20 that doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

He really isn't very good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KHV said:

Considering the fact he has zero goals for us in 15 appearances and zero goals for England in 15 appearances from ages 16 to 20 that doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

The fact he has been picked for the England youth sides alone is an achievement, think of the players that have played for those sides. Quite a few of his performances for those sides have been sub appearances. He is amazing, his natural ability is fantastic, not only that but he seems to have the mental side of the game too in my opinion. I’ve met him, he’s a very nice, funny guy, write him off at your peril, he’s had a lot of injuries for someone so young, he will bounce back 

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The fact he has been picked for the England youth sides alone is an achievement, think of the players that have played for those sides. Quite a few of his performances for those sides have been sub appearances. He is amazing, his natural ability is fantastic, not only that but he seems to have the mental side of the game too in my opinion. I’ve met him, he’s a very nice, funny guy, write him off at your peril, he’s had a lot of injuries for someone so young, he will bounce back 

Yes it is n achievement. What it isn’t is any kind of assurance that someone will make it in the senior game at a decent level,  there are countless examples to show this.

I can never understand why you bring irrelevant things into a discussion about a player. It doesn’t make the slightest bit of difference if you’ve met him and how nice or otherwise he is.

What matters is what he does on the pitch and from what Insaw yesterday against the worst side in the football league that isn’t something to get excited about.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The fact he has been picked for the England youth sides alone is an achievement, think of the players that have played for those sides

Some greats have played for those sides. So have a lot of shite. Delfouneso for example. Except even he banged in plenty of goals at that level. RHM has done nothing.

12 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Gary Cahill and Marc Albrighton say “hi”.

Unfortunately both players were not at the required standard for what we wanted to do as they broke through and wanted first team football. Both dropped down, gained experienced and took over where our club was. 

I'm not sure we handled them that badly. 

10 hours ago, KHV said:

Seen him a few times in the first team, and he's been completely, utterly out of his depth. He's young, sure, but I don't see enough in him to think he'll ever make it here.

47 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

With the pressure of promotion, I don't think managers can risk bedding in youth players in the first team. They need to have something very special and be consistent with it to be given a chance in the match day squad.

Other teams manage to bed them in. Norwich, Leeds, Wolves (in the prem), Albion. I’m sure there are more doing it. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Unfortunately both players were not at the required standard for what we wanted to do as they broke through and wanted first team football. Both dropped down, gained experienced and took over where our club was. 

Gary Cahill managed Gary Cahill very well. Marc Albrighton managed Marc Albrighton very well. Aston Villa managed Aston Villa very badly.

We have a responsibility to give RHM the opportunity to manage himself very well, ultimately though it'll be up to him.

• Like 1

His goal scoring exploits at under 23 level suggests he has 'something to work with'. His loan spell is a massive acid test, keen to see how he gets on over the course of the season, not out of the ordinary for a young player on loan to have a poor first game. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

His goal scoring exploits at under 23 level suggests he has 'something to work with'. His loan spell is a massive acid test, keen to see how he gets on over the course of the season, not out of the ordinary for a young player on loan to have a poor first game. 

I agree. I think at 20 years old and given the injuries he has had meaning he has had a very stop start last two to three years then it is too early to be writing him off.

This loan move is a big chance/test for him now. He needs to be taking his goal scoring exploits for the under 23's up to that level. I hope he is seeing it for what it is and a real chance for him to get his senior career going. If he bangs in a few goals for Cambridge and impresses then he may well be able to come back here and really kick on.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think we handled them both very badly but that’s a discussion for another thread.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I think we handled them both very badly but that’s a discussion for another thread.

From what i remember cahil wanted games after a very successful loan spell, at the time we were finishing 6th and giving the top 4 a serious challenge. He wasn't ready to start consistently in a team like that, hence his drop down to bolton. Albrighton was really poor in a period where everyone was poor under lambert and i believe wanted large wages or was offered money by leicester that he didn't warrant as we cut costs under lerner. 

As OBE said, it worked well for both of them, we just **** ourselves up during both periods. 

• Like 1

Â