Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No suprise of this since Colin Calderwood is now their manager and will know RHM from his time here.

If RHM goes I too would expect him to smash that league and flourish.

Be a great move for him, will be chasing 90 yard punts into the channel and pressing an entire back 4 on his own in no time.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I feel like he should've been out on a loan or two already by now.

Yup, it's ridiculous to keep a lad at this age not really playing any football, giving him 3-4 sub appearances a year. He should have been getting first team experience at lower league clubs for years by now.

The management of our youth prospects has been absolutely appalling for a very long time, it's no wonder so few of them make the step up.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He won’t make it at Villa or this level in my view. 

Hard to say. the only match time he's really had is when we've been winding down the game.

If he'd failed when out on loan I'd be ready to write him off by this point, but it's bizarre we've just kept him at home not getting any game time.

I think some of these comments are harsh to say the least, he’s probably the most talented young footballer I’ve seen emerge from the academy, it’s close between him and Grealish, I think RHM is that good. Not only that, he’s a very nice lad and funny, he’s been on a contract here since he was 13 years old, that’s how highly rated he is, I think he’s brilliant and a very nice lad to boot, I think he will be great for Cambridge 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Yup, it's ridiculous to keep a lad at this age not really playing any football, giving him 3-4 sub appearances a year. He should have been getting first team experience at lower league clubs for years by now.

The management of our youth prospects has been absolutely appalling for a very long time, it's no wonder so few of them make the step up.

1. you cannot force clubs to take him on loan...do you know for a fact that we've been rejecting loan offers left right and centre? remember he's also been injured a LOT too.

2. how exactly has the management of youth prospects been appalling? could it be that they're just not very good?

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Hope he avoids the u23 injury plague.  as a couple posts back looks short for this level imo.

He hasn’t even started a league game for us, why do you say this? He’ll do great for Cambridge, he’ll come back here and be a part of our strikeforce I think 

I think the lad would have a chance, in that he definitely has the talent and the attitude, but I fear he might not be a nice lad. Does anyone know if he's funny? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, YLN said:

I think the lad would have a chance, in that he definitely has the talent and the attitude, but I fear he might not be a nice lad. Does anyone know if he's funny? 

I think you’re only joking but yes he is very nice and funny too :) there’s my professional opinion ;)

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He hasn’t even started a league game for us, why do you say this? He’ll do great for Cambridge, he’ll come back here and be a part of our strikeforce I think 

Thats true of course. I just dont see any attributes that look standout to me. contrast with KD who has attributes big, strong, ability to hold up play. grealish from day 1 had excellent ball control, gabby had pace to die for...in the limited time ive seen him he looks all round average.

but as you say ..i am basing that on a few minutes here and there and its just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Thats true of course. I just dont see any attributes that look standout to me. contrast with KD who has attributes big, strong, ability to hold up play. grealish from day 1 had excellent ball control, gabby had pace to die for...in the limited time ive seen him he looks all round average.

but as you say ..i am basing that on a few minutes here and there and its just my opinion.

In my opinion, RHM is quick, strong, a good finisher, has good touch, he’s just great I think, although he hasn’t yet shown it for our first team but I think he will

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You question why somebody thinks he's not going to cut it at this level and then state you think he'll do great at Cambridge. It's literally impossible to know how he will do at Cambridge. I'm hoping it'll be the making of him, a lot will depend on whether or not he can stay fit because up til now he looks very injury prone for such a young player.

22 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

You question why somebody thinks he's not going to cut it at this level and then state you think he'll do great at Cambridge. It's literally impossible to know how he will do at Cambridge. I'm hoping it'll be the making of him, a lot will depend on whether or not he can stay fit because up til now he looks very injury prone for such a young player.

If he stays fit, he’ll do great at Cambridge I think, I’ll be amazed if he isn’t 

47 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, RHM is quick, strong, a good finisher, has good touch, he’s just great I think, although he hasn’t yet shown it for our first team but I think he will

I also heard a rumour that he wears a cape at weekends, jumps from building to building, and even saves kittens from trees!

😜

Â