Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

I thought RHM looked sharp when he came on last night. His pace from the bench gives us something different. 

Great pass to set up Hourihane and he should have done much better with the shot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Really want to see him get a start in the cup Tuesday.

Not too much mind as will need him fit and ready to start Sat too!

It says Tuesday on the home page on here now and yes, I hope he gets a start too, deserves an opportunity I think 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

On 07/08/2018 at 09:13, villa89 said:

Needs to just put "Murphy" on the back of his jersey. The semi circle of letters on the back of his jersey looked ridiculous last night.

smaller numbers seems the obvious answer to me but no doubt there is some sort of rule that says he cant

they've got to do something though, poor lad looks stupid

It should have Hepburn at the top and Murphy under the number. Having it like was looked stupid.

As for RHM looks bright, instantly made a difference against tired legs, but I’m not sure he can do it every game, especially from the start of games. Need not to overuse him and bring him up slowly

Feel sorry for the lad, 1. His shirt numbering makes him look stupid and 2. He's five foot nothing so he's not the type of player who can lead the line on his own. Hoofing balls up to him when he's up against a 6ft 6 centre back was the height of idiocy. Setup for failure by the manager. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Feel sorry for the lad, 1. His shirt numbering makes him look stupid and 2. He's five foot nothing so he's not the type of player who can lead the line on his own. Hoofing balls up to him when he's up against a 6ft 6 centre back was the height of idiocy. Setup for failure by the manager. 

Absolutely the kid was on a hiding to nothing - I don't feel that Bruce rates him very highly otherwise why leave him out to dry the way he has done tonight.

what has the kid gained from tonight's game ? Diddly squat and a few more doubters ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Absolutely the kid was on a hiding to nothing - I don't feel that Bruce rates him very highly otherwise why leave him out to dry the way he has done tonight.

what has the kid gained from tonight's game ? Diddly squat and a few more doubters ?

I don't think it's anything personal as we failed to use Hogan properly in a similar fashion (though the jury is still out on him whether he's any good or not).  

20 minutes ago, Dave J said:

we only have 2 fit strikers and Kodjia is a bit injury prone to start every game

Edited by Zatman

14 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Never shown anything to me.

^^^^^ This for me.

I have never seen anything from him to suggest he is a gem in waiting. Sure he does it for the u23's, but the step up is massive - and tonight we are playing lowly opposition and he turns in a mostly anonymous performance. I would agree Bruce probably doesn't rate him - I don't see how he possibly can - TBF he is coming back from a run of Injuries, but other than a bit of raw enthusiasm I m not seeing much here.

• Like 1

Â