Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Bizarre we didn't allow him to go on loan 

Do we know anyone bid for him? Not just you Dem, but I see it posted loads people saying we should let these youngsters go on loan, but in order to do so, there has to be interest in them.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Do we know anyone bid for him? Not just you Dem, but I see it posted loads people saying we should let these youngsters go on loan, but in order to do so, there has to be interest in them.

I would be massively surprised if not one club came in for him.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Brilliant tonight for the U23's against Leicester. Pace, good decisions, great feet, good instincts and two goals.

If we don't go up, we're going to see a lot of him next season. 

He should be getting time instead of Hogan now. 

Should be out on loan instead of still playing for under 23s/reserve team.

We've made this mistake before of holding onto young players too long just so they can look stars at youth level and then they find the leap to senior football too much.

Don't understand why him and O'Hare weren't loaned out in January, how many times have either made the bench since then?

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Should be out on loan instead of still playing for under 23s/reserve team.

We've made this mistake before of holding onto young players too long just so they can look stars at youth level and then they find the leap to senior football too much.

Don't understand why him and O'Hare weren't loaned out in January, how many times have either made the bench since then?

I get the point, but in fairness, he's had a injury troubles this season and he's still only a teenager. I've no problems with him having spent this season with us. O'Hare would have benefitted I think.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I get the point, but in fairness, he's had a injury troubles this season and he's still only a teenager. I've no problems with him having spent this season with us. O'Hare would have benefitted I think.

Yes he does pick up a lot of injuries so lost track when he's been available for selection. He came on against Bristol City and looked pretty bright (easy to do when we were 5 up) but can't remember him being involved since. Think SB saw him and O'Hare v Peterbrough and decided there and then neither would be pitted into a promotion battle.

To me it's a bit like when we had the Fonz coming through and we kept him for a season warming the bench behind Gabby, Carew andf Heskey. He lost a year of development which may have hindered him while other strikers around his age were getting loan spells.

Spurs were loaning out Kane from the moment he was 17 so that's an example where all the loan spells good and bad helped him develop. We sent Gabby out on a couple of loan spells when he was 18-19. He didn't do much at either Sheff Weds or Watford but then hit the ground running when we gave him a chance shortly afterwards.

• Like 1

I think Bruce is a manager who likes experience, especially at crunch time in the season. I can understand why they haven't got into the first team, but I'd be surprised if we don't see a lot more of both RHM and O'Hare next year if we're still in this division.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He should be getting time instead of Hogan now. 

I just don't see this happening right now tbh and I would wonder if it would be fair on him to thrust him into games of such magnitude ?

19 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Would like to see him get a run in the first team. Can't be much worse than Hogan.

completely agree. was the difference tonight. great composure and showed fantastic spirit.

58 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Looked lightyears ahead of Davis tonight. Really impressive 

In fairness they are different types of players. Davis's hold up play is still really excellent.

RHM did look awesome tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

In fairness they are different types of players. Davis's hold up play is still really excellent.

RHM did look awesome tonight.

As i've said before, I think they have potential to be a lethal strike partnership in the future.

• Like 1

Â