Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I had such high hopes.........anyone remember the volley he scored from the edge of the box against some tinpot croatian club in the Europa League?

We lost, 2-1 @ home, should it be of any interest to anyone.

Me and then he followed it up a couple of weeks later against Hamburg away, he was brilliant as a kid

I don't really get the whole RHM contract saga... his current deal is expiring so realistically he is free to leave if he likes.

We haven't exactly given him a reason to stick around, championship football, playing some of the worst football we have played in years, yet he still hasn't been given a chance.

I watched him in pre season and he was really good. Granted the opposition were poor but Agbonlahor played in the same game and didn't do anything.

Until we get a new striker in I would play RHM over Gabby and see how he gets on.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Until we get a new striker in I would play RHM over Gabby and see how he gets on.

Bruce has already said he will get a chance if he signs a contract. He's been offered the best ever contract for an academy graduate but something or someone has turned his head it would seem

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Me and then he followed it up a couple of weeks later against Hamburg away, he was brilliant as a kid

..but shit as an adult. 

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He wasn't in the under 23's squad last night. I wonder if he has been completely frozen out now.

I believe he got injured during the last u23s match. 

Hopefully he can consider signing his contract whilst recovering...

• Like 2

although I'm in agreement with many of you so not really offering a difference of opinion, my contribution is that I wonder what bruce even sees in gabby to pick him above the clubs next striking talent.

this season is the perfect opportunity for rhm to get game time and build confidence, and lets be honest, whatever he does, even a little, will still be more than what that fat waste of space, thick as sh*t excuse of a footballer gabby does.

lets flip the coin, he may sign the contract if he actually gets to play, he cant be happy seeing gabby being picked ahead of him.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AndyBM said:

although I'm in agreement with many of you so not really offering a difference of opinion, my contribution is that I wonder what bruce even sees in gabby to pick him above the clubs next striking talent.

this season is the perfect opportunity for rhm to get game time and build confidence, and lets be honest, whatever he does, even a little, will still be more than what that fat waste of space, thick as sh*t excuse of a footballer gabby does.

lets flip the coin, he may sign the contract if he actually gets to play, he cant be happy seeing gabby being picked ahead of him.

Then, with all due respect, he needs to grow up. At the moment he's not "the clubs next striking talent" he's essentially a young player on a 6 month loan - and to add to that, he is not good enough right now to be in our first team. He is worse than Gabby and McCormack at football at the moment, and Gabby is only playing because our first choice is away

He wouldn't be playing because he's our best option, he'd be playing because the game time would help him to develop into potentially our best option in a few years. If he isn't going to commit to those few years then we have no incentive to play him now, not one. It would be a detriment to our team in order to improve someone else's team next year. Madness

He knows this as well, it's no secret, we've told him he won't play unless he signs the deal, told him we won't continue to develop him as a player if he won't be here. It's an incredibly risky move on his part, it's apparently the best contract any academy player has been offered, and it would be his first major contract. If he gets a career ending injury in training in the next few months he'll be working for McDonalds by the end of the year and why? Because he didn't want Gabby getting minutes ahead of him when he refused to sign a contract that would see him getting more game time? Doubt it 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

With the McCormack situation and Kodjia away, this guy would be getting game time... But greed has stopped his chance... Fool

I think he might be injured, some of these comments are a disgrace to be honest. He's 18 years old and he's been made out to be a villain (in the bad sense). I think he has been hard done by on here, the media often exaggerate

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he might be injured, some of these comments are a disgrace to be honest. He's 18 years old and he's been made out to be a villain (in the bad sense). I think he has been hard done by on here, the media often exaggerate

He signed the contract then?

1 minute ago, villianusa said:

He signed the contract then?

He hasn't yet, Google him then look on 'news' it's pretty clear he has been injured, I'm pretty sure he'll sign a new deal here. I've met the lad and he came across as a very nice, humble and funny young man

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He hasn't yet, Google him then look on 'news' it's pretty clear he has been injured, I'm pretty sure he'll sign a new deal here. I've met the lad and he came across as a very nice, humble and funny young man

Apparently the buffet and negotiations have been ongoing on for months yet he still hasn't signed. The manager has said as much.

You may like these kids Sgc but as far as I'm concerned he is not hard done by. Sign a contract, play first team football, prove your worth, get a new better contract... Simples

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Apparently the buffet and negotiations have been ongoing on for months yet he still hasn't signed. The manager has said as much.

You may like these kids Sgc but as far as I'm concerned he is not hard done by. Sign a contract, play first team football, prove your worth, get a new better contract... Simples

I agree with you to an extent, have you got a link to these quotes from the manager?

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Look back through the thread and you'll find them, sure it was said by Bruce in a post match interview

Thanks, did you mean the comments made my Bruce about 6 pages back? I had already seen them, what do you think of those comments?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Â