Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If he does well at Tranmere, maybe he can come back and get in our team, other posters are just writing him off, he’s started one game for us and not even scored a goal yet. In my opinion, there is a lot more to come from him be it here or elsewhere. Just because if he doesn’t make it here, it doesn’t mean that he’s a failure, far from it in fact, if he does leave here, it will come back to bite us like with Callum Robinson 

Don't ever change.   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If he does well at Tranmere, maybe he can come back and get in our team, other posters are just writing him off, he’s started one game for us and not even scored a goal yet. In my opinion, there is a lot more to come from him be it here or elsewhere. Just because if he doesn’t make it here, it doesn’t mean that he’s a failure, far from it in fact, if he does leave here, it will come back to bite us like with Callum Robinson 

I think we've progressed well beyond RHM's talents at this point.  We can't even be sure he'll make it in the Championship.  I don't doubt there is more to come from him.  There can scarcely be less in fairness.  He will make it somewhere.  What level that is remains to be seen.  I'd also say Robinson has hardly come back to bite us.  Kudos to Callum for forging a very good career for himself, but we both needed to go our separate ways at that point in time.  It's not like he's been a thorn in our side.   I wish RHM the very best, which goes without saying, and I hope we do see him again.  If I was a betting man I'd say we probably won't.

• Like 3

He might not make it here, but I think it's unfair to judge him on last season, whenever he got a chance under Bruce, Bruce used him as a target man, which doesn't make sense at all. And whilst he didn't score many goals on loan at Oxford, plenty of other strikers have gone on loan to lower league sides, not scored many and then gone on to have good careers. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he goes to Trammere and ends up being one of the top goal scorers in league one next season, if he can stay fit.

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

He might not make it here, but I think it's unfair to judge him on last season, whenever he got a chance under Bruce, Bruce used him as a target man, which doesn't make sense at all. And whilst he didn't score many goals on loan at Oxford, plenty of other strikers have gone on loan to lower league sides, not scored many and then gone on to have good careers. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he goes to Trammere and ends up being one of the top goal scorers in league one next season, if he can stay fit.

He was at Cambridge United @useless on loan not Oxford United! :)

• Thanks 1

I wish him luck next season so we can get a decent fee for him, but I can't imagine him ever being as much as a squad player in the PL. He's done nothing to justify the faith that's been shown in him so far.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I wish him luck next season so we can get a decent fee for him, but I can't imagine him ever being as much as a squad player in the PL. He's done nothing to justify the faith that's been shown in him so far.

Last year of his contract, going out on loan.  There will be no fee.

I'm going to try and be balanced here. 

I think he has enough natural ability that he could find his way to being a serviceable forward at a low Premier league level at some point in the future, a bit like the aforementioned Callum Robinson. However in order to reach that he is going to need a few years of development at a club(s) who are going to utilise him week in week out. League 1, Championship etc. He needs to stay fit, play regular competitive football and work hard to make the most of that ability. He is miles behind Keinan Davis for example, who has the natural ability, the work ethic and the physical attributes to be much better than some think. IMO. 

If I was him I would take this loan, run down my contract and take it from there. If I am Aston Villa here the same applies, but we may as well give him another look. Something may click. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Until the end of this coming season, if this is true, we must have a striker incoming 

No.

Just that RHM is not good enough and has not been for a couple of seasons now.

I knew last season he was not going to when on loan to Calderwoods Cambridge United.

Hopefully Tranmere might ignite his career but he won't be at Villa again I suspect.

I never rated him but all the best to him regardless.

I expect him to be a decent addition to Tranmere's squad, but he needs regular football. He's not a PL striker and his ceiling is probably Championship, if that. Shame he hasn't kicked on in the last couple of years but our academy hasn't really produced a decent striker since Gabby (and he peaked too soon), although you could say Weimann but he wasn't technically a player we developed from a young age.

• Like 1

Even though, it was just a friendly against league one opposition, I thought he was excellent considering he was playing out of position on the left wing. That was the Rushian Hepburn-Murphy I know, he didn’t give Shrewsbury’s defenders a minute’s peace, he harried and hustled, watch him fly now

• Like 2

He was out of position but you'll get a lot more outof Hepburn-Murphy playing wide than you will do playing him down the middle and hoofing the ball up to him which is what happened whenever Bruce gave him a chance, he often drifts out wide anyway for the U23s, almost more like a wide forward. Alongside Davis, was one of the best peformers on the pitch today. If he can replicate his U23 form for the first team, the fans will have a very exciting player to watch.

• Like 2

Â