Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

RHM is the fastest player we have here i think that will come hand against boro from the bench.  

I remember the race between him and adama. Adama was quicker but not by much

1 hour ago, KSV said:

Wonder if he was benched because Bruce wants to start him against millwall?

Think it’s more to do with loads of fixtures in a short time. They play again Friday v Swansea in the PL Cup Final and the semi was last week along with last league game. It’s a shame as Millwall would’ve been a good game to throw in some of the U23. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

RHM is the fastest player we have here i think that will come hand against boro from the bench.  

I remember the race between him and adama. Adama was quicker but not by much

Adama was slightly hampered by the fact he started 30 yards behind.

RHM is quick but hes not rapid!

Jury is still out for me, he seems to earn rave reviews in the U-23's and then looks totally useless whenever he appears in the first team

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Jury is still out for me, he seems to earn rave reviews in the U-23's and then looks totally useless whenever he appears in the first team

Although, he made his debut 3 years ago now, he's barely played for the first team

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Although, he made his debut 3 years ago now, he's barely played for the first team

He has looked pretty poor every time even though its only about 7 or 8 appearances. I seem to remember him coming on in a cup game under Bruce and being totally useless. He certainly hasn't caught the eye like O'Hare has done in his limited appearances

Edited by KHV

Just now, KHV said:

He has looked pretty poor every time even though its only about 7 or 8 appearances. I seem to remember him coming on in a cup game under Bruce and being totally useless

These appearances have only been sub cameos though, he hasn't even started a game for our first team yet

Last night I felt that he looked more like a footballer in the 'brain' sense. Previously I think he struggled to work as a team player but it looks like he might be turning a corner in that regard. He was always fast and strong and skillful at U23 level but other pasrts of his game were lacking. If he can keep improving on those areas he could become very good indeed.

Whenever I hear about him, it's him scoring the winner in a thriller! 

A good facet to have! Play him against Millwall, we've got nothing to lose, or at least on the bench to keep our 1st teamers fresh after 60 mins. 

• Like 1

On 02/05/2018 at 19:12, KHV said:

He has looked pretty poor every time even though its only about 7 or 8 appearances. I seem to remember him coming on in a cup game under Bruce and being totally useless. He certainly hasn't caught the eye like O'Hare has done in his limited appearances

the first team doesnt play the type of football required to make use of a player like rhm.  same reason why hogan looks lost in our team.  we do not play to their strengths.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Play him against Millwall, we've got nothing to lose, or at least on the bench to keep our 1st teamers fresh after 60 mins. 

Unfortunately he has vital games to play in the U23s, so we'd be doing him no favours 'promoting' him to a dead rubber fixture.

• Like 1

He clearly has talent and probably needs more time in the first team to break through, a loan would probably suit him just so he knows what it's about that bit more. He has been very unimpressive with his first team chances so far and that's probably down to a mixture of nerves and perhaps just trying 'too hard'.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2018 at 15:38, flashingqwerty said:

the first team doesnt play the type of football required to make use of a player like rhm.  same reason why hogan looks lost in our team.  we do not play to their strengths.

This is nonsense to be perfectly honest.

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think it's nonsense?

Two reasons to be honest.

Firstly, the type of football we play is vastly underrated by those on here who decided long ago that bruce doesn't play good football. Yes we sometimes play some shit stuff, but on the whole our football is decent for this level, and better than the majority of teams in this league.

Secondly, a good player will make the most of what he has to work with. We have plenty of footballers who do just fine with our style of football. Hogan looks lost in our team because he is shit. He's had plenty of opportunities in our team and if he was any good he'd have done well. But he's not. Yes he has played in games where he's had no chance because we've played poorly. But he's also played in plenty of games where he's had plenty of the ball and good chances and he's largely blown it.

If RHM is good enough then he'll make it here under Bruce, or under the next guy.

Those still blaming style of play for Hogan's ineptness are either making excuses for a poor player, or grasping onto a stick to bash the manager with.

Hogan is shit. If RHM isn't shit, then he'll do just fine here.

• Like 4

Â