Video game tv show

Dodgyknees

Not only is it not needed, I'm not such it'd succeed.

Gamers tend to be part of the demographic that are increasingly turning to streaming and away from broadcast TV. Is there a market for gaming content through traditional TV channels?

No of course not, but considering how much the games industry is worth and how popular video games are, you could be forgiven for expecting more TV coverage despite the fact that it's not really needed.

It's been tried a hundred times and never worked though.   Dunno whether it's inertia in the TV industry or the fact that audiences tend to time themselves to individual games (which is certainly the case on Twitch/YouTube) but gaming shows on television tend to be padded out by celebrity appearances to pull in the casual viewer.  This seems to annoy the hardcore audience and it probably doesn't pull in enough of the casual market.  You tend to end up with some mess that nobody really wants to watch. I got the need for it 10-20 years ago before broadband was a thing but in this day and age it just doesn't make any sense.  Who's going to commission an expensive to produce television show which might get a few hundred thousand people watching when PewDiePie is literally getting millions of people watching his stuff every single day on YouTube? 

• Like 1

No of course not, but considering how much the games industry is worth and how popular video games are, you could be forgiven for expecting more TV coverage despite the fact that it's not really needed.

Who's going to commission an expensive to produce television show which might get a few hundred thousand people watching when PewDiePie is literally getting millions of people watching his stuff every single day on YouTube? 

So what you're saying is, we need PewDiePie: The TV Show. Brilliant idea, the kid still lives in England, right? I expect to see it on Channel 4 before the end of the year.

Gamezville was the shiz.

Can't believe that was 10 years ago.

Personally i think there is still some kind of market for a mass produced tv show, just need to find the right cast.

Could quite easily employ some of the more famous youtubers to host on a rotating basis and the ratings would go through the roof.

Anyone remember xleague TV on sky around the time the ps3 launched? Few of my online friends played resistance fall of man and cod4 tournaments on there. It was a bit ahead of its time and would possibly enjoy more success if it was on nowadays.

Saw an advert for a new TV show recently, which is all about gaming. I just can't remember what it is called! Does anybody (Ginko!) know where I can find it? Thought it was in Pick or Really.

Videogame Nation? On Saturday's at 10am on Challenge.

There was one in the 90s with 3 women. 1 of them was american and a bit annoying, she popped up in a few gadgety programmes too. But the other 2 English birds were fine.

Honourable mention to gamesmaster, patrick moore didn't give the cheats the users asked him if they didn't say please.

Legend

There was one in the 90s with 3 women. 1 of them was american and a bit annoying, she popped up in a few gadgety programmes too. But the other 2 English birds were fine.

Honourable mention to gamesmaster, patrick moore didn't give the cheats the users asked him if they didn't say please.

Legend

I still vividly remember one "cheat" he gave.

It was for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game on the NES.

There was this one bit that I'd been stuck on for ages. It was a tiny hole in the floor, but the ceiling was so low down that your Turtle couldn't jump over the gap. He'd just hit his head and fall through. I could NEVER do it.

Anyway, one day there I was watching Gamesmaster and some scummy little kid pops up and asks Patrick Moore that EXACT question. How do you get past that hole?!

And he answered him. And do you know what the answer was? DO YOU?!

It was to just walk over the hole. Don't jump at all, just defy the laws of gravity and walk over the empty space.

And it worked.

I lost my shit. I was SO angry. 

And Patrick Moore just laughed.

• Like 1

Yes! Emily Booth.

emilybooth1.jpg

I preferred her in 'Threesome' on 'Live TV'.

Â