Video game tv show

Dodgyknees

Saw an advert for a new TV show recently, which is all about gaming. I just can't remember what it is called! Does anybody (Ginko!) know where I can find it? Thought it was in Pick or Really.

Will it be as good as Games World's Big Boy Barry show? 

That had David Walliams and Jet from Gladiators in it! :D

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

It was probably video game nation, or something else produced by ginx tv. Lucy James used to be on The Blurb, which was a ginx show too.

And on the gta/bbc drama thing, I would've rather of seen a documentary about the development of it, rather than a drama. Not sure how it'll work exactly...

And while talking video game tv shows, didn't know where else to put it, apparently BBC have green lit a drama about the early days of GTA

In it's own thread perhaps?

Does anyone remember the one that was on Sky One (I think) used to be on weekday mornings and I remember the contestants would have to play against a randomly selected 'pro', (all different characters basically) I seem to remember one being a cockney who always had a rolled up newspaper.

This would have been late 90s, possibly early 00s.

Edit - Actually, I may be thinking of a very late series of Games World.

Edited by villaajax

I remember one on Sky in the mornings before school where contestants would play against each other, but it wasn't very good.

Then there was Game Network. Ah, Game Network, those were the days. I remember watching that channel a lot in my teens despite the fact there wasn't much content and what little content there was was pretty poor. I just remember the really long gameplay videos set to heavy metal backing tracks :D So cheesy but it was new and novel.

As for recent shows, there was one I caught a couple of episodes of a few months back but I can't remember what channel it was on, Challenge perhaps? It was pretty shit though. It's presented by a girl and a black guy in what looks like a studio apartment but it was really poorly written and produced so I didn't keep watching.

I saw that Spike is coming to the UK soon, so maybe we'll get some more game shows on TV. I think Spike do the E3 coverage too, don't they? That'd be awesome to have E3 on TV.

I saw that Spike is coming to the UK soon, so maybe we'll get some more game shows on TV. I think Spike do the E3 coverage too, don't they? That'd be awesome to have E3 on TV.

Spike is garbage. Don't pin your hopes on quality shows there

Fair enough, consider my hopes quashed.

Not that it matters, there's a ton of great video content online where games are concerned.

Can't believe it took to post 18 to get to this point.  Games coverage is amazing online, it's probably the best served of any hobby. It really doesn't need to be on TV at all. 

No of course not, but considering how much the games industry is worth and how popular video games are, you could be forgiven for expecting more TV coverage despite the fact that it's not really needed.

Edited by Ginko

Â