• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Who's leading, Tony Parks or Tony Parkes? I think Parkes is ahead by one. ;)

What a match. All's been said, except that Clark was awesome again. But today belonged to our strikers. What phenomenal display that was. And Tim, obviously.

Who's the italian look bloke on our touchline with the glasses? 

Tony Parkes.

If he's Italian then surely it's Toni Parkes? :mrgreen: 

Not hugely different to the match at SoL last season when 0-1 should have been 0-4 or 0-5. Bacuna was class that day too.

Another point (at least) v Swansea please!

Edited by parisvilla

loved it, fell asleep in the second half though, really can't understand why we did not continue in the second half... it was obviously scripted, (& I hate short corners and unused free kicks near the box) we still have a crap goal difference and I am sure we could have shaved a few more off that but we just parked the bus, we are not out of the woods yet? I saw chel$ki do it not long ago against I can't remember who, gave up after a first half seeing-to. Why we do that ?

Anyway :) Bacuna I think has to be MOTM even with strong competition from .. well only Sinclair had an average game (and I don't just meant the 'easier not to score' one), everyone else was massive. Tekkers works so much harder now than he ever did before even when he was banging them in every week, I mean working outside of the box, all over the pitch and seems just as happy to provide these days.

All the knocks at Lambert here a bit out of date, and poor taste, no he was not right for us at the end of the day and I wanted to throttle him weekly for his setup and subs BUT he found us a few decent players at good prices, Bacuna, Sanchez ,Gil, Okore etc ..in hindsight Cleverly looks like it might have been a good call as well (we wont talk about Luna & the fat bloke from Norwich) and I can only assume the reason Delph is still around is partially thanks to Lambert, he had good intentions and was behind the club 100%, just not very good at the training/managerial side of things perhaps.

I thought Hepburn-Murphy was gonna get Grealished all over the place but looks like Sunderland had lost the will even for that, and he got us a great free kick which we decided to waste, anyways.

Sunderland players should 1) thanked for not taking their frustrations out on our legs & 2) mightily ashamed of their fans. Sunderland fans can only thank themselves for their constant dismay, stabbed in the back 15-20,000 times in one match ain’t gonna help is it.

What a different feeling, to come on here and read happy posts!

No point in getting carried away but Sherwood has given us our Villa back, we aren't world beaters but this team can give teams a game.

The Beast is back! Gabby is scoring! N'Zogbia is....actually a footballer! Cleverley looks worth trying to sign!

Bacuna was my MOM but they all played well and for 30min in the 1st half it was a pleasure to watch, I can't understand why all the seats emptied so quickly lol.

All the knocks at Lambert here a bit out of date, and poor taste, no he was not right for us at the end of the day and I wanted to throttle him weekly for his setup and subs BUT he found us a few decent players at good prices, Bacuna, Sanchez ,Gil, Okore etc ..in hindsight Cleverly looks like it might have been a good call as well (we wont talk about Luna & the fat bloke from Norwich) and I can only assume the reason Delph is still around is partially thanks to Lambert, he had good intentions and was behind the club 100%, just not very good at the training/managerial side of things perhaps.

I give Lambert credit in developing the team into playing the ball around on the deck. His downfall was the negative approach and formations that went with this. Now they have the passing game in their toolkit with Sherwood's positive attacking approach I'm looking forward to watching us again in the first time in ages 

my contribution to 606 earlier.

They enjoyed this one obviously

https://twitter.com/bbc606/status/576823587455311873

you probably spoke to me before going on air :cheers:
We're you the one which asked me "so where did that result come from?" and then said you were putting me through to the producer as they hadn't had a villa fan on yet?

I made a mistake at the end and should have said 31 points not 32.

I think I did alright. :)

Edited by kidlewis

Quite simply one of the best performances of recent times. Pinging the ball round with such confidence, at times we looked like a top 4 team destroying lower opposition.

All out attack plan worked like a dream. I was worried we would be very exposed but Nzog and Sinclair worked hard to get back on the flanks.

Maybe took our foot off the gas a little in the 2nd half, but I think they're probably not used to playing such a high tempo for 90 mins.

Ok, Sunderland were beyond rubbish, but like they say you can only play what's put in front of you. It wasn't a scrappy 1-0 win, it was a joy to watch.

Great match  can not decide on MoM struggling to decide who was the least effective player.   Thought Guzan was great but living dangerously when he came out of his area to take the player on.   Very long day but well worth it.  

We're not being laughed at anymore!

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/sunderland-in-dazzling-display-of-no-touch-football-2015031696275

Sunderland in dazzling display of no-touch football

16-03-15

Britain Soccer Premier League

SUNDERLAND wowed fans with their unique brand of no-touch football during a 4-0 home defeat to Aston Villa.

While Villa’s players employed a more traditional style, often taking multiple touches and then passing, their opponents trialled a groundbreaking tactic, deftly avoiding any contact with the ball for the entire match.

Fans said they were honoured to witness the evolution of a new style of play which takes Spanish ‘tiki-taka’ one-touch football to the next logical step.

Sunderland fan Tom Logan said: “Even when it would’ve been easy to take control of the ball and dribble it up the pitch or find a short pass, the Sunderland players stayed well out the way. It was masterful.”

By the end of the game the devastating tactical masterclass had taken its toll on the Villa players who could only seek scant consolation in their four measly goals.

Sunderland manager Gus Poyet said: “It’s more than just not making contact with the ball. It’s the feeble lunges, the desperate shouting and the placing of hands on hips.”

Edited by fightoffyour

Â