limpid

I think there may be method in Tim's madness. Gil is clearly a good player, one for the future, with no Lambert baggage. We don't want him to think he's the saviour, and turn into Billy Big Bollocks, we want him to be a team player. But the likes of Gabby, N'Zogbia and Weimann were low on confidence, and need to start believing in themselves to get back in form. A manager vote of confidence will do that. Smart work by Sherwood, IMO.

• Like 3

I think there may be method in Tim's madness. Gil is clearly a good player, one for the future, with no Lambert baggage. We don't want him to think he's the saviour, and turn into Billy Big Bollocks, we want him to be a team player. But the likes of Gabby, N'Zogbia and Weimann were low on confidence, and need to start believing in themselves to get back in form. A manager vote of confidence will do that. Smart work by Sherwood, IMO.

Fair point. I don't think we can read too much into it yet, at the end of the day the aim at the moment is to stay up. Next season will be Gil's season

We have a 16 year old on the pitch. In the Premier League.

I'm 26. If only I hadn't spent the last decade wanking and playing computer games. :(

But what a ten years you had doing that!  :D