Moderately Successful Regional Hairdresser Transport

chrisp65

To be fair, my Beetles were all the proper ones, not these fancy dan water cooled jobs.

As for MX-5s -  hair dressers cars my ar$e. They are (like the original beetle) an every man/woman car - sort of bisexual motors. There are very few cars that are really kind of man only or woman only - they're just transport machines.

have I protesteth too much yet?

I tend to think of most convertibles as girls car unless they are at the very top end (Ferrari, Lambo, etc)

funny enough I was thinking the same  ..

but there is something I dislike about convertibles , maybe it's just that they tend to be driven by people that wear a jumper over their shoulders and sunglasses pushed up on the top of their head  or maybe it's because owners of convertibles drive along the motorway in Jan with the roof down going look at me I have a convertible even though it's minus 7 outside

Edited by tonyh29

I think convertibles look good with the top down.

But I think they look rubbish with it up. I mean it's a canvas roof.

So for 4 or 5 days of the year you look cool. But for the other 360 odd your car looks worse.

I think convertibles look good with the top down.

But I think they look rubbish with it up. I mean it's a canvas roof.

So for 4 or 5 days of the year you look cool. But for the other 360 odd your car looks worse.

My convertible looks fine with the roof up, but then it's dark grey with a black roof, so not really that noticeable.  With the roof down though, it looks amazing.

Yeah and to be fair my mate has a hard top convertible and that looks fine (apart from being a BMW)

I'm talking about cars like this

audi-a3-cabriolet-rear-closed.jpg

Lovely car. But looks rubbish with that roof.

im with tony, got no problems with convertibles in the summer, but in the winter when its freezing and you see people driving on not even particualry nice days, roof down, hat, gloves, scarf, wrapped up like the michelin man i cant help but think they make the driver look a clearing in the woods

I wouldn't moan if I won one. Couldn't imagine going out and spending my own money on it though. 

I won an SLS AMG today. No bullshit.

It's one you control remotely by bluetooth though.

• Like 2

Â