Moderately Successful Regional Hairdresser Transport

chrisp65

There are definitely cars which are generally accepted as 'hairdresser cars' or 'girls' cars.

Rightly or wrongly, and almost always wrongly, they are out there. The MX 5 is an obvious one - though having chucked one around for a few days it was great fun and you'd be a mug to be put off by any murmurings of 'girly image'.

My stand out candidate, the 1996 to 2010 iterations of the Mercedes SLK.

Mercedes_SLK__R170_1996_2004_0009.jpg

I wouldn't moan if I won one. Couldn't imagine going out and spending my own money on it though. 

Just posted in the Top Gear thread but the following IMO all make the list

Audi TT

"new" Mini (standard shape One/Cooper variants)

Fiat 500

"new" VW Beetle

Audi A1 is a brilliant car, but I'd class that as a girl's car. Don't know if that's different to a hairdresser's car?

I also don't really see the label as a negative. Some cars are just more feminine than others, imo. 

In the same way as I'd say a Land Rover Defender is quite a manly car, a fiat 500 is a girly one.

I don't agree on the mini.

Audi A1 is a brilliant car, but I'd class that as a girl's car. Don't know if that's different to a hairdresser's car?

I also don't really see the label as a negative. Some cars are just more feminine than others, imo. 

In the same way as I'd say a Land Rover Defender is quite a manly car, a fiat 500 is a girly one.

I don't agree on the mini.

You starting something?  To be fair ours is Mrs E's. Cracking little jalope it is though.

Good shout on the VW, has anybody ever seen a male driving a new VW Beetle?

I've parked one for a colleague who basically can't drive but no. I can't say I have.

No, I said before my missus has an A1. I love it, it's a great little car.

But I do think it's quite feminine. I wouldn't own one.

Although to be fair her one is white. If you had one in black or Daytona Grey then it might look less feminine.

There are definitely cars which are generally accepted as 'hairdresser cars' or 'girls' cars.

Rightly or wrongly, and almost always wrongly, they are out there. The MX 5 is an obvious one - though having chucked one around for a few days it was great fun and you'd be a mug to be put off by any murmurings of 'girly image'.

My stand out candidate, the 1996 to 2010 iterations of the Mercedes SLK.

Mercedes_SLK__R170_1996_2004_0009.jpg

I wouldn't moan if I won one. Couldn't imagine going out and spending my own money on it though. 

I seem to remember that Clarkson had a super-thunder-sting version and that Hammond pointed out that it was voted the best car on a gay website. 

As a previous owner of an RX-8, I'd have to say it's huge amounts of fun to drive. Mine was not in this colour scheme though.

peenk2-2_zpsf8jukq7r.jpg

Edited by choffer

I saw a man driving a VW Beetle the other day , complete with the Herbie stripes and the number 53 on it .... I figured this guy lives at home with his mum and watched WWF  .. to be faie I'd have also thought that had the car not hade the stripes and numbers .

I think any small cars are a bit feminine  tbh , i mean why else would you buy a small car other than the fact you don't know how to park and thus go for small and increases your chaces of not wiping out the cars parked either side of you as you park at the Spa \ school \ supermarket.

• Like 3

I used to have a Ford KA.

:blush:  :o

I liked it, but it was definitely a girls car. I got it in metallic black, which helped a bit ...

I remember squeezing into it, not only was it most def a hairdressers car, it was powered by a hairdryer

I always thought the KA was a nippy little thing. 1.3 engine in a small light car with wheels at each corner. Had a few as courtesy cars.... alwyas like revving the shit out of them and zipping about.

Â