Players you like

Marka Ragnos

I LOVE Harry Kane. Nothing makes me happier than seeing him score a goal unless it's against the Villa.

So refreshing to see a young English player come through the academy and within one full season become ONE OF THE BEST strikers in the Premiership.

He has a speech impediment too which makes me pity him. He seems down to earth amd its clear fame hasn't changed him. He is engaged to his childhood sweetheart and you should see her....she is pretty ugly tbf so he clearly hasnt had his head turned.

Kane for Prime Minister!

• Like 1

I've grown to like Harry Kane this year.

He's not any good, but he's so full of confidence he's scoring a hideous amount.

His lisp only endears me more to him :lol: The big clown.

I've liked Steven Naismith since I read this story about him. He's not the greatest player, but this was a really classy thing to do.

Steven Naismith buys Everton tickets to give to Liverpool’s unemployed

Steven Naismith has bought tickets for Everton home games to donate to unemployed people across Liverpool. The 27-year-old forward, who joined the club from Rangers in 2012, said: “I come from Ayrshire in the west of Scotland and spent a lot of my life in Glasgow – a city that, at times, has suffered from high unemployment.

“Liverpool has a similar history and I am aware that, through no fault of their own, there are many unemployed in Liverpool trying hard to find a job who may not be able to afford a ticket. I thought this might be a small gesture to help those in that situation to enjoy a day out at one of our league matches. Hopefully it can bring some joy to many people."

Swansea City's Angel Rangel and his wife have been praised by fans after driving around the snowy streets of Swansea on Friday night looking for homeless people to help.

The Premier League defender had tweeted his 24,000 followers on Friday night asking for suggestions of where to go because he had "food going spare".

He later tweeted "it was just a little gesture" and was his wife Nikki's idea.

They are reported to have ended up at a homeless shelter in the city.

Fans have since taken to social media to praise the actions of the pair, with one saying Rangel is in danger "of giving footballers a good name".

Angel Rangel

The Spanish defender first said on Twitter: "Anyone knows the location of homeless people in Swansea? I got food going spare! #randomtweet"

A little later he wrote: "Thanks so much for the suggestions. It was @MI55Y_28 idea so we are driving around. Terrible to be out in this weather."

He then tweeted: "Wow we r amazed at the amount of tweets we r receiving. Thanks a lot but it was just a little gesture we drove for only 1 hour and felt great".

The gesture caused something of a sensation on Twitter among football fans.

One fan said: "What an absolute top bloke @arangelz is! Exception to the modern day football. Proud to say he plays for my team. Swansea thanks you angel!"

It was reported Rangel and his wife had been at a sandwich chain when the manager said he would have to throw food away because it was closing for the night.

He told CNN: "My wife, Nikki, who is a very caring and charitable person, asked if we could have them for the homeless rather than see them thrown in the bin.

"They agreed and we drove around Swansea for over an hour, but couldn't find any homeless people as it was so cold out on the streets with all the snow."

They were eventually invited to a homeless shelter after the tweet did the rounds on social media.

He said it was something the pair were now going to do on a regular basis.

Rangel has been a regular in the Swansea side this season and has been a popular figure among fans since signing in 2007.

[/indent]

I've liked Steven Naismith since I read this story about him. He's not the greatest player, but this was a really classy thing to do.

Steven Naismith buys Everton tickets to give to Liverpool’s unemployed

Steven Naismith has bought tickets for Everton home games to donate to unemployed people across Liverpool. The 27-year-old forward, who joined the club from Rangers in 2012, said: “I come from Ayrshire in the west of Scotland and spent a lot of my life in Glasgow – a city that, at times, has suffered from high unemployment.

“Liverpool has a similar history and I am aware that, through no fault of their own, there are many unemployed in Liverpool trying hard to find a job who may not be able to afford a ticket. I thought this might be a small gesture to help those in that situation to enjoy a day out at one of our league matches. Hopefully it can bring some joy to many people."

He took his goal well last night as well. Yes that a really decent thing for him to do. I'll add him to my like list as well. 

Â