Pre-Match Thread

samjp26

I think it'll be a similar lineup to the cup game vs baggies, except with Guzan back and potentially Gil to terrorise them a bit. I'd probably leave out Zog and put Gil back in.

Why on Earth would you do that??

I think it'll be a similar lineup to the cup game vs baggies, except with Guzan back and potentially Gil to terrorise them a bit. I'd probably leave out Zog and put Gil back in.

Why on Earth would you do that??
Zog was good in the second half against baggies, but he struggled (with the rest of the team) in the first. I think I'd start with Gil, and if he was ineffectual then put zog on, he can't last a full 90 anyway.

Would be great to see us score more than a couple of goals for the first time this season, if we get the first goal then I can see it happening with the way sherwood sets us up. Gabby hat trick...

I'm still nervous, but still have a sneak feeling of a surprisingly emphatic win for us.

I think it's because this game reminds me of the trip to Goodison near the start of Gregory's reign.

We'd had a good start, but had mostly scraped wins by the odd goal and had some poor results too (didn't we lose at home to Barnsley? Bolton?) and although Everton were struggling Goodison still felt like a tough place to go and I was expecting the new manager bounce to wear off at any moment.

Wallop... 4-1 to Villa and it was that moment that I knew something special and bizarre was happening, and I really started to look up the table instead of down for the first time that season.

And maybe we'll see Sherwood on a post-match interview in November sarcastically "apologising" for being top of the league :)

(Ok, I'm getting carried away now. I think I need a lie down)

Just had a browse on a sunderland forum and theyre all going wild because they've sold 41000 tickets so far.

Read a bit further and it turns out they've been selling £10 tickets and giving thousands away to schools, unis and businesses for free.

And then they slag us off for only selling 2000 tickets...which was our full application. Clever lot they are!

• Like 1

How is Vlaar injured again?

Dropped a bottle of old spice on his foot!
I believe it was an empty plastic bottle , it landed beside his foot but the air created from the fall wisped past his foot and gave him a strained ancle and as a consequence gave him Aids. Edited by dounavilla

Danny graham back playing for Sunderland now but still yet to score this season

Stick a hundred million pounds on him scoring saturday

What a nice leaving present for Sunderland that was by O'Neill.

They've been loaning him out pretty much ever since he joined.

old habits die hard