Pre-Match Thread

samjp26

Most media neutrals are looking at this and sniffing disaster for Sunderland. It does look that way, our form has been improving and theirs declining, on and off field. I think Delphino might score. 0-1 us.

• Like 1

Maybe Black Cat supporters haven't felt the existential agony we did the week before last, but they are certainly seeing this game in pretty bleak terms. Maybe it's too soon, but I don't detect the wave of optimism that swept through VillaTalk in last week and half.

There's a lot of discontent and disillusionment.Here we are, same problems of whisperings of structural problems, lack of ambition or investment, poor transfer targets or strategy, in the middle of a seemingly endless string of managers. Nothing has changed In that time I don't believe we've seen 'the lads' playing out of their skins over a full 90 minutes AND getting a result...apart from a flash in the pan at the end of last season (and who can imagine a repeat!)

Hope for the future...yes, faith...less. If Villa win I think that would be the end of my interest - 45 years - you can hardly say I've not given them a chance...

• Like 1

Was reading about Poyet and he's basically rejected the passing game to get points any which way they can. They'll do a Lambert, not risk much, aim for a point, sit back, play on the counter. Which means advantage us, because our team knows that particular gameplan inside out, and know what effect an early goal from us will do to Sunderland's confidence - if that happens then Sunderland won't have a plan B. Oh cruel mistress this optimism is.

Danny graham back playing for Sunderland now but still yet to score this season

Stick a hundred million pounds on him scoring saturday

Danny Graham will score and celebrate like Sol Campbell did against Argentina only to realise that it was ruled out for offside

Edited by supermon

It's a potential heartbreaker for Sunderland. If they lose this one, with the troubles they've got elsewhere and the form they're in, they could collapse as a side.

It's this realisation on their parts that will make them a vicious opponent, I suspect. But both clubs are fighting for their lives. We lose this, and some of the despair of the week before last will be back. We're just out of hospital after a serious bout of loserdom -- we can't afford another trip back to the ward just yet.

Danny graham back playing for Sunderland now but still yet to score this season

Stick a hundred million pounds on him scoring saturday

What a nice leaving present for Sunderland that was by O'Neill.

They've been loaning him out pretty much ever since he joined.

Edited by VillaChris