pitch invading prats / points deduction?

Rodders

Don't worry, here's another link to it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/football/video-1166015/James-Morrison-Callum-McManaman-involved-crowd-trouble.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Looks the the press have it now.

James Morrison and Callum McManaman involved in crowd trouble

Footage has been released appearing to show West Brom's James Morrison and Callum McManaman getting involved in the crowd trouble that marred the FA Cup tie between Aston Villa and West Brom.

Just watched the clip for the first time. I have to say, both players were very lucky that the supporters involved didn't react in either case. If they had gone at the baggies players there would have been full on rioting I'm sure of it.

Don't worry, here's another link to it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/football/video-1166015/James-Morrison-Callum-McManaman-involved-crowd-trouble.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Looks the the press have it now.

James Morrison and Callum McManaman involved in crowd trouble

Footage has been released appearing to show West Brom's James Morrison and Callum McManaman getting involved in the crowd trouble that marred the FA Cup tie between Aston Villa and West Brom.

Just watched the clip for the first time. I have to say, both players were very lucky that the supporters involved didn't react in either case. If they had gone at the baggies players there would have been full on rioting I'm sure of it.

I agree, but still -- really hard to feel bad for these particular Villa supporters because, well, the "violence" didn't look too violent, and the WBA players were being overrun in an unusual situation. One player throws a shoulder out, another tripped someone. That's what happens when you rattle someone's cage. Not nice, but still on a completely different level from the sociopathic Baggie fans throwing parts of seats down on Villa supporters and their families. That seems quite criminal to me. The footballers' behavior just seems petty -- but kind of understandable?

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

I know people like those in the video that would get on with enjoying the moment and ignoring the shove and the trip.

I also know people that would enjoy nothing more than to have an excuse to fly at anyone who insulted them in such a way.

My point was both Albion players were lucky it was not a person from the latter group as it would have got very ugly if those 'assaulted' had gone back for revenge.

• Like 1

My point was both Albion players were lucky it was not a person from the latter group as it would have got very ugly if those 'assaulted' had gone back for revenge.

I hear you. I think a lot footballers are out of touch with reality, and you're right, they were lucky. If it had me tripping some excited supporter, I'm sure I would have been lamped.

One action I'd definitely look to take if I were the club on the back of Saturday's incidents is to move the TV coverage from the position it's in this season  in the corner of the Witton Lane stand next to the North stand, back to the previous position at the corner of the Witton and Holte End. A big part of the way in which the BBC reported the events at Villa Park was, in my opinion, influenced by their position amongst the away fans. 

From there, I'm sure it was easy to see hatred, violence an evil atmosphere and a throwback to the 80's - from the other end of the ground, it would have been easy to see the joy, the exuberance and the happy faces on running, dancing and singing men, women and children and I reckon things may have been reported somewhat differently.

It's just a small thing, but I think it would make a big difference.

The BBC said "Return to the dark ages" ...LMAO are we having a slow news day Beebs? Guys, running around kissing each other, wearing dildo's on hats...More like a return to the Romantic era.

Unhappy Albion Fans? Of course there were, a local Derby on a Saturday night, what did they expect?

I know... Its almost like Villa fans refused to let someone onto a train because of their skin colour then sang about it proudly...

Just to add, those clips of Morrison and McManaman are telling. If the Villa fans wanted a riot, there your go, there is your chance.

Brain dead actions by the players, Morrison in particular deserves a clip abound the ear for that. Pair of words removed.

Â