Todays Ref

smetrov

Worse ref this season - despite was Lawrenson was saying - he was getting all sorts of decisions wrong all afternoon - I don't even know what Grealish's first yellow was for......

Then there was the shot what cannoned of a WBA player - and he gave a goal kick - Numerous times he stopped the game for nothing - the complete opposite of what Lawrenson was saying...

Shocking display.

Mark Lawrenson had a worse pundit performance than the ref.

I know his summing up

"over the 90 minutes villa just about deserved it"   

As I seen it - albion had a couple of early chances - and even those were gifts from our defence.

We scored in the second half - then had a period where we were totally on fire .....

Easily the better side overall

Bizarre refereeing, at times when he needed to put his stamp on the game (those 2/3 fouls in as many seconds for example) he gives nothing but then gives two totally unjustified reds. Needs to take a portion of the blame for the pitch invasion IMO, also got a few clear cut decisions wrong, including the blatant corner early in the first half. The decline in refereeing standards is becoming more and more noticeable.

• Like 2

Mark Lawrenson had a worse pundit performance than the ref.

I know his summing up

"over the 90 minutes villa just about deserved it"   

As I seen it - albion had a couple of early chances - and even those were gifts from our defence.

We scored in the second half - then had a period where we were totally on fire .....

Easily the better side overall

He also spoke about how WBA dominated us in the league game and were robbed

I've lost count of the number of times over the last few seasons I've thought our ref was one of the worst I've seen. I'm not convinced it's because of increased scrutiny on TV, it seems much more common to see blatantly indefensible decision in person without the benefit of replays. There has been a noticeable dip in the performance of referees over the last 5 years.

dont know he gave us a late peno ;)

thought both reds were very harsh today but I think he wanted get rid of Yacob on how he reacted in 1st half to a tackle on Gabby when he had argument with his own player

Edited by Zatman

yeah the pen was an all dayer though, thought tuesday baggies used the knock the ball too far, contact, fall over, free kick, almost like a tactic whereas tonight they didnt, tuesdays ref bought so many soft fouls from them resulted in decisions like the okore shoulder barge being a foul somehow, today was a different game, baggies didnt do it, like i said both reds were poor but his overall performance was nothing that stood out 

Â