World Book Day

tonyh29

Seems a kid (aged 11) in a school in Manchester went to his schools world book day dressed as Christian Grey and was excluded from taking part by the school ... the school then said he could take part by modifying his costume to James Bond  ... that would be the promiscuous James Bond who kills people presumably :)

the bigger debate for me is that one of the teachers apparently dressed up as homicidal serial killer Dexter Morgan ( from a novel by Jeff Lindsay) which apparently was deemed to be OK

so where do people stand on this one ? .... ( apart from the obligatory " who gives a   ... !")

bad judgement form the Parents   , bad call by the school  .. a bit from A and a bit from B

Personally I think 11 is a bit young to be dressing up as a character who is a fusion between BDSM and an abuser , though I do have a sneaky chuckle at the humour of the parents who came up with the idea

I would be much more interested in the reason the parents decided to contact the press over this as I cannot believe the school would have done so.

Did they not think that was a little unsuitable, would other posters on here be happy with their children coming back last night and asking who Christian Grey was and what is Fifty Shades of Grey about?

I find it hilarious to be honest , my daughter has gone dressed as Michael Jackson and my lad has gone as spiderman , who cares its only abit of fun .

for Book day ??

I would be much more interested in the reason the parents decided to contact the press over this as I cannot believe the school would have done so.

I don't know if they did to be honest ... I think they posted about it on Twitter and then it evolved from there

I find it hilarious to be honest , my daughter has gone dressed as Michael Jackson and my lad has gone as spiderman , who cares its only abit of fun .

for Book day ??

Yep tell me about it , her choice she's 8 and thinks he's the greatest she'd even given up her love of 1 direction lol

Edited by TOTTI-THE-GOD

for Book day ??

Yep tell me about it , her choice she's 8 and thinks he's the greatest she'd even given up her love of 1 direction lol

It counts!

moonwalk.jpg

People dress up for World Book Day?

Whatever happened to just buying a book and reading it?

Everything has to be a **** 'experience' these days.

It's so unlike you to be down on something fun!

I was wally at school last year

**Must resist the obvious**

Stef and teaching

the gift that just keeps on giving  ..even after he's left the profession :)

• Like 1

for Book day ??

Child: Can I go as Michael Jackson?

Parent: No, its world book day. You need to pick a character from a book. 

Sorted.

for Book day ??

Child: Can I go as Michael Jackson?

Parent: No, its world book day. You need to pick a character from a book. 

Sorted.

Its only like kids going as disney pixar characters , there books come out after the film 

This kid in the Christian Grey outfit is yet more proof that there should be an IQ test before people that are physically capable of **** are allowed to go the extra step and actually reproduce.

I'd set social services on them and get them to explain why they thought it was a funny idea. If they give an incoherent or fatuous shallow answer, they get neutered.

• Like 1

You could just save time and sterilise poor people , same outcome without the need for social services

But then we'd miss people like Katie Hopkins and Toby Young.

No best not have a test based on 'class' or wealth.

rees-mogg_jacob.jpg

Â