• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Another small (but significant) incremental improvement.

We fully deserved the win.

If we can continue to improve game on game we will be capable of pulling away from the drop zone.  

Great to see the lads “play on the front foot”.

Fair play to Tim, they look rejuvenated.

Hopefully we continue improving.

Said in the pre match thread, I might not watch it. Who was I trying to kid?! Was on my knees, behind the chair for the last 3 mins of the match. Pure elation when Benteke tucked that pen away. I then went out and got so drunk, I came home singing "**** the Albion", and fell over twice in my kitchen. Glad I had the day off work today. 

• Like 4

I don't think there was any "luck" involved last night. First half we were much better than them, could have had a penalty on one of Gabby's off the line chances and if we did have luck could have been 4-0 up.

But still, haven't seen many more enjoyable ends to a game than that.  :D

Edited by adw95

Anybody who says we were lucky is insane. I'd say we were very unlucky not to have won by 3 or 4 goals. Albion were lucky.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

Said in the pre match thread, I might not watch it. Who was I trying to kid?! Was on my knees, behind the chair for the last 3 mins of the match. Pure elation when Benteke tucked that pen away. I then went out and got so drunk, I came home singing "**** the Albion", and fell over twice in my kitchen. Glad I had the day off work today. 

LOL, I was on my knees in front of the television right at the end as we were pressuring them and then got the penalty. My nephew who doesn't like sports  :(  -_- was looking at me like I was a madman.

What a relief to get the 3 points...

Anyone have a gif of the Guzan celebration?

love how he couldn't watch, he loves villa

• Like 2

Albion fans trying to take the piss today, claiming we were celebrating like we had won the world cup. For me it wasn't the fact it was Albion, but the fact that it was a win after 7 straight losses, coupled with the manner of the victory, they don't seem to realise we're not as obsessed with them as they are with us.

As for the performance last night, it was a great improvement and we should have been out of sight by half time. The work rate, pressing and domination was great, more of that this season and we will be fine. Hopefully Sherwood is right and that will be a catalyst and we won't look back now.

UTV!

• Like 1

Albion fans trying to take the piss today, claiming we were celebrating like we had won the world cup.

Ah yes, the idea that one can be too passionate in celebration of a goal / win. Didn't you know, you shouldn't care about a last minute winner, against a relegation rival, in a derby match?

The last bastion of a bitter, beaten foe.

Besides, we tend to celebrate every goal as if it were the last because you know, it just might be.

Wink.

• Like 1

Â